97' dual exhaust

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade exhaust on my tow rig.
It's a 97 F350 CC LB. looking at running a 4" dual exhaust setup

Anyone running one ?
Any brands/company to go with ?

bluedge8

Reaction score
Check out Performance Truck Products, they are a sponsor here and do very well on pricing and shipping.

old man dave

Reaction score
I have the Diamond Eye 4" dual setup. The kit came with a muffler.

Aside from the kit being a pain in the aZZ to install, the pipes cross over under the rear tank making it not possible to install the Spectra 38 gallon aftermarket rear fuel tank. Its lacks about 2" of depth to clear the tank. The Spectra hangs about 5-1/2" lower than the stock tank and the duals are about 3" lower than the stock tank.

Also, the pipes will not clear the spare, mine lives in the bed.

The plus is when you have a tailgator and lay on the smoke, they dodge to the left and then they realize there's another pipe on that side.:eek:

No more tailgator......

Last edited:

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Stock fuel tanks for me.

Spare tire on all my trucks have always been in the bed for accessibility

I won't be making to much smoke with this rig, my days of building 7.3s are done. This one will be towing my 6.7 cummins around

Thanks for the info Dave

old man dave

Reaction score
Stock fuel tanks for me.

Spare tire on all my trucks have always been in the bed for accessibility

I won't be making to much smoke with this rig, my days of building 7.3s are done. This one will be towing my 6.7 cummins around

Thanks for the info Dave

Then I would suggest a single exhaust. The DiamondEye 4" duals were a REAL pain to install.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I ordered the kit Tuesday night and should arrive next week sometime.

I'm sure it'll be a pain, but I'll get out the chop saw and the welder to make it all work.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Good luck. Interested in fitment. I have yet to install a diamond eye kit that I didn't modify. Never once have they fit to my liking.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I have the Diamond Eye Duals on my truck too, like old man dave said, real PIA to install. My kit is older though, and I talked to a Diamond Eye rep at Hunting for Horsepower in 2014 I think and he said they had updated the kit some, and that the new kit might clear the spare. Honestly not clearing the spare was my biggest complaint, the kit I had on my SD cleared the spare but just barely. It takes a lot of messing around to get the two tail pipes level with eachother and pointed in the same direction. Highly recommend SS band clamps so you can easily fine-tune the fit.

79jasper

Reaction score
I did the stainless 4 inch kit.
I didn't have to modify anything. Not even the firewall.
Mines a regular cab. Chassis cab. Dual tanks, but it is real close/maybe slightly touching the tank shield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

old man dave

Reaction score
My set is an older (2005) kit. I just liked the looks of the duals and I dislike tailgators.

For the driver's side, I would suggest using a factory frame mounted hanger support. The aftermarket one did not hold up. A hearty second on using SS band clamps to ease alignment. Straight 3" and 4" (no step) is what you need. These were worth every penny and you can get them from NAPA as "Easi-Seals"

I'm probably going back to a single 4".

Last edited:

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Dave.
Going to install the kit this weekend.

I'm going to weld the exhaust together when it's all where it needs to be. I don't trust clamps holding that much exhaust together.

old man dave

Reaction score
The Easi-Seals have two bolts to draw up the stainless band. Works great on the overlapped exhaust joints. My downpipe joint actually is misaligned so much there is a space between the upper and lower sections. The bandclamp there has totally sealed up the joint for years.s

Also makes it real easy to align the pipe sections and remove if necessary.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I'll pick up a few of the SS clamps.
One on the 2 piece connecting DP. And 1 or 2 in other places. At $10 each I'll weld up most of it after I get it secured where I want it

old man dave

Reaction score
Any place that may require removal for other work is where you want to use the bandclamps. As you said, the rest can be welded up solid after the downpipe.

I used the kit clamps for the hanger mounts using 3/8" rod welded to the clamps and the rod bent to fit into the factory frame hangers. That made them easy to remove also.

Latest posts

Members online