6.0 Regulated Return

saminga

Reaction score
Has anyone sourced one of these and arrived at a reasonable price?
Like less than $500-550?

Zmann

Reaction score
not that I am following you ;-) I just happen to reply to your last few post
but be careful because a cheap kit may cause more issues
that a quality one like Stricktly's
mostly it's in the hoses so keep up your research

also make sure your intentions justify the need for a regulated return

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
If you want to do the work you can build your own for less, but Strictly's and others are that price for a reason......

kwelch08

Reaction score
Not trying to take away from the driven diesel rr or anything, but you can get the pse reg return for $475. I went with it and I am happy with it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

saminga

Reaction score
I bought the Sinister RR

Great install manual
Average fitment of the hard and soft lines.

I have a situation where when the pressure is set at idle to 55 or 58 or 62, doesn't matter which. But when I am at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the pressure will drop about 10 psi. It does recover fairly quickly and it returns to about 2-4 lbs below the idle setting.
This is stock turbo, injectors, egr ******, with only Edge w/ attitude set on #2 setting. So nothing extreme at all.

Is this normal?

saminga

Reaction score
Correction to the above - the recovery I mention above happens if I lift my foot back to 1-3 psi boost.
If I keep it at 10-18 psi, it doesn't recover. It stays at 40-45 with the regulator set at 60 psi.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Not tge cheapest but as others have said strictlys is very very very nice

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Great install manual
Average fitment of the hard and soft lines.

I have a situation where when the pressure is set at idle to 55 or 58 or 62, doesn't matter which. But when I am at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle the pressure will drop about 10 psi. It does recover fairly quickly and it returns to about 2-4 lbs below the idle setting.
This is stock turbo, injectors, egr ******, with only Edge w/ attitude set on #2 setting. So nothing extreme at all.

Is this normal?

Correction to the above - the recovery I mention above happens if I lift my foot back to 1-3 psi boost.
If I keep it at 10-18 psi, it doesn't recover. It stays at 40-45 with the regulator set at 60 psi.

With stock injectors, even with a hot tune, you should have no problem holding pressure. If the pressure is dropping, there is some kind of fuel delivery issue that is reducing volume (weak pump, restriction between tank and pump, etc).

saminga

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's due to the new RR kit. No issue prior to RR install. pressure was around 60 psi w/ blue spring kit and didn't drop this much. I also changed fuel filters and original fuel pump only has 120k on it.
I've had two knowledgeable people tell me it changes when you open the system up with a RR.
Im also wondering if the RR kits have fuel regulators that aren't made to function in this type of system. i.e. releasing too much to the return and not reacting quickly enough such that they can hold pressure where it should be.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Are all of you fittings tight? Did you go over everything again, including the factory installed stuff on the rr? Is the cap on the primary filter all the way on?

The regulator in the rr is a much better regulator than the factory one. So as dennissaid, unless there is another issue, like a suction leak, or injector o ring issue or something, it should be holding no problem on stock injectors.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
It's not clear from your posts, did you get one of our kits or someone elses?

One way to diagnose whether the problem is related to the RRK (which it rarely is) is to locate a section of the flexible/rubber RETURN hose on the frame and pinch it closed with hose crimp or soft jaw pliers. Then drive it. If you pinch the return closed and you still have pressure drop, there simply isn't enough fuel VOLUME making it thru the pump to keep your pressure up. At that point you KNOW that you need to look at the pump, or the lines leading up to the pump.

The natural reaction that everyone has when they install an RRK and they don't get the pressure they are expecting is to blame the regulator. I can only speak for our kits with Fuelab regulators or kits that use Aeromotive regulators (I have experience with both)...these units are EXTREMELY SIMPLE and there is only ONE POINT OF FAILURE in them. They either work correctly, or they leak. If it isn't leaking, it is working correctly. I have sold a ****load of regulators over the last 15 years and I've NEVER replaced a "bad" regulator, only diaphragms with holes in them (which is why they leak).

Let me know if you got our kit or someone elses. Also, if it is ours, was it new or used? Try crimping the return line and driving it to see if anything changes and report those results. I will try to help from there.

Latest posts

Members online