Found Dustin's Old Truck

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Is the nitrous system installed? A .030 jet does wonders for spoolup.

nah not yet, most likely will stay all fuel the rest of this year, I have the kit ready to go, but it still only has 350 miles on it after the drive home sunday. id like to get a few more miles on it before we spray it.

I should be able to get this thing to light its not a monster turbo just need a little practice with it. hopefully well get it down tomorrow night

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I had a tight converter so if I tried to roll in I had a hard time getting it stopped once I built boost. I would double bulb and just hit the button and she came up quick, but it was just the wrong stall for the application.

Last edited:

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
ok well got the truck up to the track Friday night,

got the truck to spool pretty well, leaving around 15psi (for now)

first pass we blew a boot, second and third pass we ran 11.8 both passes.

few issues in both passes, and some tuning is much needed.

The truck is headed down to Craig this week for some live tuning to hopefully work out the kinks. the truck seems to cut fuel between shifts and delay picking up once the gear is locked in. Hopefully once that's addressed this truck will be closer to where it should be

all goes accordingly well be back at the track Friday night again

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
ok well got the truck up to the track Friday night,

got the truck to spool pretty well, leaving around 15psi (for now)

first pass we blew a boot, second and third pass we ran 11.8 both passes.

few issues in both passes, and some tuning is much needed.

The truck is headed down to Craig this week for some live tuning to hopefully work out the kinks. the truck seems to cut fuel between shifts and delay picking up once the gear is locked in. Hopefully once that's addressed this truck will be closer to where it should be

all goes accordingly well be back at the track Friday night again

Mph still 119-120?

Somd_6.4

Reaction score
wasn't that high this go around, I wanna say 108?, id have to go back and look to be honest, i know i let out of it at the end because the shut down is pretty short, but the ticket is what the ticket is lol

Mm... yeah something isn't right for sure. I would think your truck should be trapping mid 120s

getstroked27

Reaction score
a37ff122d4ad6fcd6f45871b4aa23f47.jpg

Hmmmmm let's play and see if we can make this thing brap a little harder 😎

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

getstroked27

Reaction score
Made decent power for a 76/87/.91 sxe. More fuel left on the table though. Little more open on the housing should get 4 digits and drop boost/bp to a safer lever. Even with the gate popping it was stupid high.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
oh hey...look at that

made 940 on craigs dyno, but looks like he picked up 60HP with tuning.

don't have a mechanical gauge on it but boost was up around 100 and BP on the minimax was reading mid 60s which I believe is the highest it will be able to read.

have to get a mechanical gauge in it to see what its really doing.

But 2 main issues at the moment are the TCM is fried so its defueling the truck at 3800 which would explain the defueling between shifts, and the truck flat lining out at 3800. so on the hunt for a TCm.

second issue is the turbo housing, its a .90 on it now, craig thinks we should jump to a 1.0Barder wants to see what actual back pressure is on the truck.

all and all happy with the gains, we would all like to see 4 digits on fuel and I think it will get there but also happy to see we still have some tweaking to do and hopefully get some more out of it.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Your single 76 mm turbo was making 100psi?

that was according to the brand new Isspro 120PSI boost guage.

I have a hard time thinking the guage is bad being brand new, but the dash guage obviously maxed out, and the minimax stops at 60-65 along with the back pressure

craig seemed pretty confident it was making that ive seen it read 100 on the dyno as well but I didn't think the guage was reading right.

Latest posts

Members online