2015 6.7 whine at idle

okief250

Reaction score
Try replacing the fuel filter, and make sure its bled good. Had a friend with similar issue on a 13'

blk99

Reaction score
I will be buying the H&S filter housing next month and report back. Hopefully it fixes it.
Any update? I have an appointment at ford for Fri for the noise but if that fixes it, i will get one!

Mine was LOUD like the video until i changed the filters (just bought truck with 13k) and now its very faint, but still annoying!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Any update? I have an appointment at ford for Fri for the noise but if that fixes it, i will get one!

Mine was LOUD like the video until i changed the filters (just bought truck with 13k) and now its very faint, but still annoying!

Didn't buy one yet.... got swapped with different things. Truck still has it come and go.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

blk99

Reaction score
Hmmm ok.... think im gonna cancel the appointment.... everything i read says its "normal" and/or it "comes and goes"..... long as it doesnt **** up the fuel system, i dont care much....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Hmmm ok.... think im gonna cancel the appointment.... everything i read says its "normal" and/or it "comes and goes"..... long as it doesnt **** up the fuel system, i dont care much....

fuel system is already ***ed up. has rust in it from the factory. lol

live life full throttle

blk99

Reaction score
Dont scare a guy like that...... lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dont scare a guy like that...... lol

sad part is, its true.. ford has denied more warranties than honored them due to rust in the fuel system... some as little as 3000 miles on the clock...

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
How sure are we that there is indeed rust from the factory?

Would be cool to see a shop that buys a new 6.7 for a shop truck. Tow the new truck directly to their shop (don't run it or add fuel) and take apart the fuel system for proof.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
How sure are we that there is indeed rust from the factory?

Would be cool to see a shop that buys a new 6.7 for a shop truck. Tow the new truck directly to their shop (don't run it or add fuel) and take apart the fuel system for proof.

not indeed but from the threads i have read doin some Google foo, pretty much says so.

live life full throttle

fishalaska

Reaction score
I have a 2012 long bed crew cab king ranch with 30k. It hops at 46mph and feels like a rapid flexing motion between cab and bed, I have a 2000 7.3 dually long bed with 224k and it does the same thing worse! I also have a whine that sounds like a dry PS pump at idle but doesnt change when I turn wheel. It appears to only happen after truck has been running and I shut it off and restart. I can get it to stop if I add a little RPM. But I have heard it driving at low speed...sounds like a siren whine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I have a 2012 long bed crew cab king ranch with 30k. It hops at 46mph and feels like a rapid flexing motion between cab and bed, I have a 2000 7.3 dually long bed with 224k and it does the same thing worse! I also have a whine that sounds like a dry PS pump at idle but doesnt change when I turn wheel. It appears to only happen after truck has been running and I shut it off and restart. I can get it to stop if I add a little RPM. But I have heard it driving at low speed...sounds like a siren whine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The whine, is the upper fuel filter. Normal as ford says.

The hop, I don't know, but there has to be something causing it... I'm waiting for the day someone figures it out..

Jomax

Reaction score
Just ordered the h&s fuel filter conversion. Will post pics of it installed and let everyone know if it stops the whine. Also ordered the AFE frame mount fuel filter. I should save quite a few $ in the long run.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Just ordered the h&s fuel filter conversion. Will post pics of it installed and let everyone know if it stops the whine. Also ordered the AFE frame mount fuel filter. I should save quite a few $ in the long run.

whats the afe frame mount?

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
whats the afe frame mount?

live life full throttle

Sorry, should've stated it clearer. AFE makes the filter for the filter housing on the frame. Only way to get the ford filter, is with the upper filter as a kit. AFE has the same specs so I should be fine.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sorry, should've stated it clearer. AFE makes the filter for the filter housing on the frame. Only way to get the ford filter, is with the upper filter as a kit. AFE has the same specs so I should be fine.

oh duh, 10-4.. it comes as the frame filter only not both combined..

live life full throttle

Jomax

Reaction score
Got the parts last night. Mike ships FAST! Will install this morning and post results!

Jomax

Reaction score
Well, I installed it. So far zero whine. And maybe it's me. Motor seems a bit quieter. Will drive it for the weekend and report back if it is officially gone.

It sure looks good under the hood!

20150918_082030.jpg