P2073 code with IDP

BR459

Reaction score
Yep, my 2011 didn't throw the P2073 until 2 weeks after I tuned but it will barely go a day now without tossing at least one. It's just a guess but I feel like maybe the tolerance isn't wide enough on the air ratio to run the CAI in some programs.

tnovoad

Reaction score
I'm still getting the codes too. I've tried reloading the tune and within 5-6 miles it pops up. I did notice though I took a good road trip (about 200 miles one way) and with minimum stops the code never popped up. Now soon as I let the truck idle for 5 minutes or so, bam the codes pop up. Its funny IDP says they can not recreate the code, but if I clear my codes and drive 10 mins of city driving it pops up. I am running the extreme race tune, as that is the only tune I ordered from IDP. I do prefer these tunes over my PIP tunes (this is on my 2012)

On another note, how are you guys getting such good mileage? I average around 17mpg all highway and the lie-o-meter usually reads around 22mpg. Although 17 is not bad for a truck in my eyes. Currently running 285/70/18 Nitto terra grappers, egr delted, h&s cac, and no limit stage 2 intake.

Notneb

Reaction score
We're easy on the skinny pedal? I start bumping 20mpg highway at 70mph. City is 16-17mpg depending on traffic. Now if I put my foot in it in town or go much above 70mph on the highway, well it goes down significantly!

JRLott

Reaction score
Race highway is 17.2-17.6....but I like to drive fast....80-100
Hot Street is 14.5-15.5 in town with just a little highway. Highway will kick it up to about 16.
Haven't tried much else. I would probably do better if I drove slower and kept my foot out of it a bit more. City is the occasional heavy foot (5-6 times per tank) and highway is just fast with relatively common full throttle runs.
All numbers are hand calculated and roughly 1 MPG lower than the lie-o-meter.

macsfx4

Reaction score
i just picked my truck up i have a 2015 with sct x4, no limit intake, no limit egr, 5in straight pipe and truck runs amazing and no codes as of yet but like people said they haven't gotten any for a few weeks so ill keep everyone updated. the intake does contact the hood we adjusted just about everything including all lines but still makes just the slightest bit on contact. anyone have any suggestions on what too put on the hood so it doesn't rub any more paint off

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i just picked my truck up i have a 2015 with sct x4, no limit intake, no limit egr, 5in straight pipe and truck runs amazing and no codes as of yet but like people said they haven't gotten any for a few weeks so ill keep everyone updated. the intake does contact the hood we adjusted just about everything including all lines but still makes just the slightest bit on contact. anyone have any suggestions on what too put on the hood so it doesn't rub any more paint off

you need to clock it so the bend run as parallel as possible with the soolant resevoir. the bent cant point straight up , thats what causes the contact.

BR459

Reaction score
No code this morning!

Mike, I got everything and got it all loaded. I really appreciate it, first day I've driven to work without throwing a code in a while, hope we're set now!

BR459

Reaction score
I like them so far, no big difference to me that I've seen. I have not had any codes though and that was my biggest peeve so I'm a happy camper with it!! I've been running the performance mostly and switched to the towing tune for hauling the 5th wheel this past weekend. Both have done well, I haven't tried the street or race tune yet.

BR459

Reaction score
3 plus weeks, no codes, no problems. I'm loving the new tunes, still haven't ran the high end but I'm getting 19 mpg with the performance and most importantly, no CEL's. Now if I could get something to tame the transmission shifts I'd have a perfect truck!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.