Elite Stage 3 trans HELP!

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Needs some Elite Diesel help here!, truck was cruising down the on ramp, they would not shift gears, pulled over and truck no longer moves at all, definitely a transmission problem, (linkage working, no other drivetrain issues) It tripped the solenoid D and performance friction fault. Trans is a stage 3 from Elite Diesel that has about 15k on it, while running GH tuning...Not looking put anyone down here just trying to figure out what the problem is, the trans is the last thing I was concerned about after putting the build one in...******d and tuned only no other power mods...

I'm guessing pump, and will check pressure when I get a chance...Thanks!

sootie

Reaction score
Let us know what the pressure does. Does it load up or pull in any gears? Or does it just feel like its in neutral.

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Not 100 percent sure as the wife was driving, she said it wouldn't rev up/speed up/or change gears, so she pulled over and it was being in neutral after that...my brother and I towed it home without any issues or odd noises with the truck idling

sootie

Reaction score
weird. Could be a stuck solenoid but i doubt it. If it made a jerk or happened at a shift or TC lock i would be inclined to think broken intermediate shaft.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Unhook the main plug on the side of the trans, you should have 3rd and reverse. If you don't, time to pull the trans.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Dragging this back up....finally got time to work on it after the holidays and such...checked line pressure and have zero psi...so I guess its time to pull it...i'll let you know what I find then..guessing pump went??..i billet flex plate, triple disc converter and billet internals better have not been bothered by a truck with nothing but a tune

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Finally got a change to pull the trans and no good news to be had...fluid was very dark with foreign material in it ��...So trans will have to be rebuilt, very disappointed in a 700hp trans that broke after 15k on a tune only truck!!...Is there anyway to save the converter that is obviously filled full of crap??

sootie

Reaction score
Only way to salvage the converter is to send it in to the manufacturer to get cut apart, cleaned and rewelded.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally got a change to pull the trans and no good news to be had...fluid was very dark with foreign material in it ��...So trans will have to be rebuilt, very disappointed in a 700hp trans that broke after 15k on a tune only truck!!...Is there anyway to save the converter that is obviously filled full of crap??

that sucks. i have a brand new stage 5 i'll sell ya.

as for the converter, what brand is it ?

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Pulled the converter and found it ovaled and beat up, how do I post a photo? The FAQ page only said something about photobucket...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online