30 minute serpentine belt R/R without removing fan.

Texan6Seven

Reaction score
It can be done for those not wanting to buy the extra tools to remove the fan. I removed the old belt without cutting that either. If you remove the bolt holding the fan clutch wire harness bracket and disconnect both ends of said harness it’s free to rotate towards the fan allowing you to slip the belt over one fan blade then rotate the fan around and the belt slips off. Installation is in the reverse order. Check that the belt is routed in the proper orientation and reinstall the fan clutch bracket and harness. Just thought this may help some folks on here.

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
It can be done for those not wanting to buy the extra tools to remove the fan. I removed the old belt without cutting that either. If you remove the bolt holding the fan clutch wire harness bracket and disconnect both ends of said harness it’s free to rotate towards the fan allowing you to slip the belt over one fan blade then rotate the fan around and the belt slips off. Installation is in the reverse order. Check that the belt is routed in the proper orientation and reinstall the fan clutch bracket and harness. Just thought this may help some folks on here.
I never had to slip the belt over the fan,I just remove the bolt connecting the fan cluth harness.:shrug:And remove the belt??

Latest posts

Members online