What have you done to your powerstroke today?

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Finally got around to replacing the stripped drivers side valve cover bolts . A little all thread and some nuts now they are studded like the motor .

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Not just today but I've been working on it for a couple hours a night over the last few nights and dealing with rolling trucks in and out of the shop

Was getting two codes on my long bed and all I could find was one guy on forums who had the same codes. He replaced the problem injector and the whole harness and it fixed it. This was a reman injector in a reman motor so that could very well be the issue.

Anyways I pulled the injector and the harness out of my long bed. Used a 20 dollar blue point hose plier (sweet tool btw, got the hoses off while pulling the bottle and fuel cooler) instead of a 300 dollar oem tool or 100 dollar freedom racing tool. Then I covered everything up and pulled my harley in and pulled the coolant bottle, fuel cooler, brackets, etc in that to get that injector and harness out. Then I put them in my long bed and put the cover back on.
The mechanic is going to throw everything back on if I can't get back before close tonight. We've been playing musical trucks, so I need it to run right to get back out to Worcester tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Then I rig up the lights in my engine "room" (corner with a curtain) and get to stripping the donor block for the harley so I can get it to the machine shop before I lose my place on the wait list. As it is i'm months out. Good news is I'm most of the way to getting the hard head out to have them rechecked for the new build and then I just have to pull the cab once and should be able to switch everything in one shot.

Reaction score
Does anybody have the contact info of the engineer who placed the blend door actuator so far behind the dash? I just want to talk. Took my whole Saturday and Sunday morning to swap in the new one, mostly by myself. Won't be doing that again.

Attachments

• IMG_20191109_142504_3.jpg
    IMG_20191109_142504_3.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 89

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
Does anybody have the contact info of the engineer who placed the blend door actuator so far behind the dash? I just want to talk. Took my whole Saturday and Sunday morning to swap in the new one, mostly by myself. Won't be doing that again.

I think the IAM needs to wage war on SAE for all of our sakes. Make them pay for all the pain they’ve caused LOL

C2tuck

Reaction score
Paid the bishh off!

Thinking about finding a lariat or about 19 after Jan 1st to keep at the house and be my next work truck. Don’t want the headache of the 10 speed roll out, and this one will have too many miles by 2021-22.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Paid the bishh off!

Thinking about finding a lariat or about 19 after Jan 1st to keep at the house and be my next work truck. Don’t want the headache of the 10 speed roll out, and this one will have too many miles by 2021-22.
That is always a good feeling aint it?

Good plan btw

live life full throttle

C2tuck

Reaction score
That is always a good feeling aint it?

Good plan btw

live life full throttle

Yessir!! Paid the wife’s car off too...

Yeah I’ve found a few 18’s, one being right by the house. Lariat package, no sunroof, and LED headlights in dark gray. May have to go look at it next week when I’m home. May not be able to wait till January if they make a good enough deal...lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yessir!! Paid the wife’s car off too...

Yeah I’ve found a few 18’s, one being right by the house. Lariat package, no sunroof, and LED headlights in dark gray. May have to go look at it next week when I’m home. May not be able to wait till January if they make a good enough deal...lol
Nice!!! Get it while the gettin is good bud!!

live life full throttle

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Thought about trading it in for a 2018, then quickly realized I'm a dad now and we still owe on wife's 2019 Explorer, so I'll rock my 2013 for a little while longer. Also thought about pulling a Pete (WhiteMamba) and trading it in for a Coyote Mustang.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I actually did this last Thursday but finally had a chance to get a picture or 2 in the daylight today. Pulled the fiberglass “grandpa” running boards as they are in MASSIVE need of repairs. I love the look but they needed to come off so I can start repairing them. I my opinion the have a “gentleman” classy look. Without them it just looks like any ol dually now.

Absolutely shocked at the lack of rust on this thing for being a northern truck!! I honestly think they full wrap around boards have protected it over they years. No rust in the fenders or rockers, just some light surface stuff where the paint was starting to come up. The pinch weld is all in good shape too. Replaced for the time being with stock ‘14 boards and I cleaned and painted the pinch weld area.

c858376a3c44f83224e1c3771bfd5b08.jpg

d10711541d0205148fcedf53df97c6c0.jpg

503771cd755ec6ac8aa844e0f1c3faf3.jpg

f0ba1bb22eb7424c52b6756f95ec43d1.jpg

Don’t mind the mismatched wheels. Put the front aluminums on the inside rear to “true” the tires up! Need to swap back now.

Also picked up a complete 2001 stock engine a little while ago that has 150k on it. Just finding time to get it dropped in has been challenging with the new baby and all. That way I can still be using the truck while I figure out what to do with the built engine that has the crack in the block.

StrokiNDieseL

Reaction score
Pmf 1.5” lowering blocks & Ez System with EM on 75hp scheduling for now. Didn’t upload a trans file but thinking ones needed..

Attachments

• F1F917B2-7AE8-4E6F-9AAF-7A2FB0711221.jpg
    F1F917B2-7AE8-4E6F-9AAF-7A2FB0711221.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 92

Zeb

Reaction score
I actually did this last Thursday but finally had a chance to get a picture or 2 in the daylight today. Pulled the fiberglass “grandpa” running boards as they are in MASSIVE need of repairs. I love the look but they needed to come off so I can start repairing them. I my opinion the have a “gentleman” classy look. Without them it just looks like any ol dually now.

Absolutely shocked at the lack of rust on this thing for being a northern truck!! I honestly think they full wrap around boards have protected it over they years. No rust in the fenders or rockers, just some light surface stuff where the paint was starting to come up. The pinch weld is all in good shape too. Replaced for the time being with stock ‘14 boards and I cleaned and painted the pinch weld area.

c858376a3c44f83224e1c3771bfd5b08.jpg

d10711541d0205148fcedf53df97c6c0.jpg

503771cd755ec6ac8aa844e0f1c3faf3.jpg

f0ba1bb22eb7424c52b6756f95ec43d1.jpg

Don’t mind the mismatched wheels. Put the front aluminums on the inside rear to “true” the tires up! Need to swap back now.

Also picked up a complete 2001 stock engine a little while ago that has 150k on it. Just finding time to get it dropped in has been challenging with the new baby and all. That way I can still be using the truck while I figure out what to do with the built engine that has the crack in the block.

I like it better without the plastic running boards.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I like it better without the plastic running boards.

Most would.

I’ve always liked them for some reason. I think it’s because they give certain pickups that “western hauler” look. Just my preference. I’ve had several obs dually with them, but this is the 1st SD.

Those fiberglass boards aren’t worth a plug nickel to most people, but I like them. Hope to get them repaired this winter and back on by spring.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I swear I hear someone on here crying and saying, “I miss whitey”
You're right!! Lol
Most would.

I’ve always liked them for some reason. I think it’s because they give certain pickups that “western hauler” look. Just my preference. I’ve had several obs dually with them, but this is the 1st SD.

Those fiberglass boards aren’t worth a plug nickel to most people, but I like them. Hope to get them repaired this winter and back on by spring.
Yeah. I liked them too. I know it was only a 450hp 7.3 but it still made everyone do a double take when messing around on the highways just because it looked like a grandpa truck.

live life full throttle

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Been trying to get some leaks fixed. I worked on the return line that came from the regulator. Push lock fitting to then looooong time ago I just put a hose on the smooth 3/8” return line. Took it off, and put a compression fitting on the steel line and put hose barb on the other end. The push lock fitting was ok but the hose was turning on it. Put a clamp on it. Wait and see if the truck marks it’s territory later.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Not today, but yesterday, got to do a set of heater hoses. Fun fact, it takes about 15k miles for a wrapped exhaust pipe to burn thru a heater hose.

Also, since 3/4 of the **** was off doing the hoses, I swapped the 476 for a 488.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
A bigger atmo turbo? Quicker spool?
Yeah bigger atmo, didnt really seem to change anything to be honest. Charlie needed my 476, so he gave me the 88 to throw on in the meantime. I saw maybe a couple more psi, from like 57 with the 76, to it touched 60 for a second or two before it shifted, but honestly no real difference. I am way under fueled right now as it is, only running 190/30s. And honestly with the 250/100s it was squeaky clean after about the 100ft mark on the drag strip, so I didnt figure yhere would be any change, and if any, it would be for yhe worse.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online