Tell us what you think! Sight Glass or Tube?

Degas Bottle: Sight Glass or Sight Tube?

• Sight Glass

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Sight Tube

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

Mishimoto

Reaction score
We want your opinion!

If you have been following our Degas bottle project, you know that one of the more debated aspects of this project was to incorporate a sight glass or a sight tube. If you want a refresher of our R&D progress so far you can check it out HERE.

For reference here are each of the options pictured (the sight tube on the degas bottle and the sight glass on another expansion tank project):

Sight Tube:

f9fcq0.jpg

One benefit of the sight tube is that you can more easily read the level of the coolant in the tank.

Sight Glass:

256xveu.jpg

One benefit of the sight glass is that it would be slightly more durable with only one potential failure point (either option is covered under the Mishimoto lifetime warranty).

Now is the time to speak your mind, be sure to vote for your preference, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

Thank you!

-Sara

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
A tube is a hell of a lot easier to read i think, sight glasses kinda take an opinion point of view a to where the middle is.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Sight tube all the way. For ease of reading and because it'll be covered under warranty should it become a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'd say sight glass if the tube is cheap rubber. Glass sight tube incorporated into the side of the tank would be the best imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Derkperk

Reaction score
I like the tube as it gives a larger range to see where the level is.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Use two sight glass's. One at the top/full level and one located at a minimum level near the bottom.

Either option would be slick but the sight glass would be less likely to get hit and cracked with it being recessed when one is on a careless drunkin' wrenching' episode :D

shmoozer

Reaction score
That would be a great option as well!

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Id like to see a tall vertical sight glass as it would be best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

06FX4

Reaction score
Use two sight glass's. One at the top/full level and one located at a minimum level near the bottom.

Either option would be slick but the sight glass would be less likely to get hit and cracked with it being recessed when one is on a careless drunkin' wrenching' episode :D

Same

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.