ATTN: f450,F550, F350 fatboy owners

rjustman

Reaction score
i have a question for any owner of an f450, F550, or F350 with the "Fatboy" axle. more of a favor I guess.. would anyone be able to measure the pitman arm and tell me the length. I have been told the gear box is the same on the F350 and the F350,F450 with the widetrack front end is the sale spline and same span of movement and the difference is in the length of the pitman arm.. I just recently did the widetrack swap on my truck and im not quite hitting the stop on the axle and getting to take advantage of the better turning radius..

looking under the truck the only thing that makes sense would be a longer pitman arm. with the steering wheel at full long the pitman arm now is almost straight in line with the drag link, even if the gear box COULD move more it wouldn't make sense with the pitman arm length I currently have.

ive been on google, been to napa, carquest, autozone, oreillys, anywhere local to see if I can get answers or even get them to order one of each part to compare and have come up empty handed. the dealership claims to need vin number in order to order parts or take a look and see whats what.. and they have different part numbers so they are saying they are different they just cant tell me how.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Richard

rjustman

Reaction score
bump..

got your PM show n go. if you could please shoot me those measurements when you get em. thanks

Zeb

Reaction score
I have a 2009 F450 here that I just put a motor in. Stock ride height, all stock suspension. The pitman arm is 8&1/4” long from the center of the sector shaft to the center of the tie rod.
I also have the VIN if you need it to order the pitman arm.
If you have any other questions about it, call me soon because the customer plans to pick the truck up today.
My number is 270-855-nine46eight.

rjustman

Reaction score
That’s a big help thanks zeb. Could you pm me the vin. I’m not in a place to talk right now.

rjustman

Reaction score
Got it thanks.
Measured my pitman arm right about 6”. So there’s a significant difference in “throw” or movement between the 2 and I think that’s what I need to get full articulation of my steering and be able to use this axle to it’s full potential.

Latest posts

Members online