• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

I'm Looking For A Team Of Working Steers (OXEN)

Atsah

Reaction score
What the title says.. Nothing older than 4 years, the bigger the better, they don't not need to be trained, I will take care of that.. I will travel throughout the states for the right team or teams..

Logging is what they will be doing.. If someone knows anyone with the above that is interested in selling, please contact me.. I would also be interested in two teams if they are available..

Atsah

Reaction score
Off topic..what kind of horse is that in your avatar? Looks like a VERY big burly bastard.

Belgian heavy horse.. Yes, lots of power but I'm going into Oxen because they pull heavier for longer periods of time.. I have a few tracts that have lots of big timber blowdowns/widow makers and yarding with horses sucks, they spook to easy and they gas out to quickly... Oxen pull heavier, longer and don't spook..

dasboot

Reaction score
Oxen would be hard to find here in the states i would think. Then that is me thinking. Probally will have to go to a third world country

Jason

Reaction score
Man...i envy you. I probably shouldn't, but I do. I would love to live up in the very north east, the fresh sea food I have had out there, the scenery, and climate (well, exceot for the day in Connecticut where I damn near ended up naked while moving furniture from heat/sweat/ruined phone from it getting soaked through my shorts pockets), I like that part of the country.

Atsah

Reaction score
Man...i envy you. I probably shouldn't, but I do. I would love to live up in the very north east, the fresh sea food I have had out there, the scenery, and climate (well, exceot for the day in Connecticut where I damn near ended up naked while moving furniture from heat/sweat/ruined phone from it getting soaked through my shorts pockets), I like that part of the country.

I like the Northeast, I like all seasons but I do like 20F or below for long periods of time..

Atsah

Reaction score
I put another ad up locally and a guy just called from Parsonsfield Maine and said he has a team with a combined weight of 5700lb's and they will pull 6 ton dead weight.. :redspotdance:

I'll have a look in the AM..

ToMang07

Reaction score
I know a guy in Chatham NH that used to sell them, I'll see if I can find his number and see if he's still selling them.

Atsah

Reaction score
I decided to start from scratch with these two clowns, they were allmost in walking distance from my house.. Born mid-June.. Looking at bone structure, these guys should be in the 16,1800 lb range each when all is said and done..

I'm still looking for a 4-5 year old team..

Meet Sy and Phil....LOL

Attachments

• Oxen (2).jpg
    Oxen (2).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts

Members online