Hydra problem

79jasper

Reaction score
So some know part of the story from the xxxx thread.
Got a hydra a week before basic training. Put it on, all was fine. Put my truck into storage (with batteries disconnected) and left Feb 18th. Got back June 20th, truck wouldn't start with the hydra in. Check engine light would stay on and I wouldn't get a WTS. So I had to pull it.
Emailed php, the guy that replied basically said "it's either the connection or the tunes weren't loaded properly." Um, but it worked fine before?......
So now at my duty station and finally had time to mess with it. Tunes were still loaded on it but I reloaded (attempted) them anyways. Also noticed few in the library were gone online, no biggie there though.
Some of the tunes loaded, but still does the no start. Also popped up a message about "no response from device" when loading tunes sometimes.
I'll get back at it since I came in to eat dinner and charge the laptop. I'll get a video or something.
Oh the 00/bypass position it will start. But if I switch it, it'll die.
Idears anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just sounds like the chip is bad somehow. If it starts by bypassing the chip but won't start with the chip active then that seems to be the culprit.

Chuck 7.3

Reaction score
I would pull PCM and check connection. I run a 7.3 Performace Shop and we sell our custom tunes on the hydra and Ts platform chips. We do several chips a week and have very few issues. MAKE SURE KEY IS NOT ON OR IN IGNITION before removing chip. I would recommend to unhook battery before pulling PCM. Any questions pm me.

79jasper

Reaction score
Yep. I've done that twice now.
I was reading and someone brought up a great point, if it starts in the bypass mode, it's not the connection.
Pm coming your way.

79jasper

Reaction score
Completely deleted all tunes and reinstalled, still the same. The connection has to be fine. I did the "read ecu" thing and that worked fine.

Acidanthris

Reaction score
Just want to check and see if we were able to resolve this for you. When you're in 00, it completely bypasses the chip. Most trucks will shut off if you start in 00 and then change to a calibration (or vise versa). To move in or out of 00, key on, change the calibration, then start.

As for why the truck won't start in a calibration, there's a couple of things that could be happening. It most likely is a connection issue of some sort, but we'll be happy to look at it more closely. Let me know if you've been able to get this resolved or not. We'll get you running again. :)

79jasper

Reaction score
Actually I sent it in and Sean took care of me.
He said it needed resoldered.
Thanks for checking though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.