ABS light on, no communication

08Monster

Reaction score
2006 F350, no communication with the ABS module, so no speedo, no ABS obviously, and ABS light is always on.

For the ABS that I can find is good (my shopkey software says fuse 11), power on both sides. Pin for power at the ABS plug and there is no power, does have ground. Is there a relay or something I'm missing that powers that ABS module? It has 2 powers going into it, both have no power, what are the odds that both powers are broken.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

boggerr

Reaction score
Do the 6.0s have those three plugs on the left side wheel well like the 08?
Just fixed a 08 with the same problem that had a broken wire at one of those plugs.

08Monster

Reaction score
Do the 6.0s have those three plugs on the left side wheel well like the 08?
Just fixed a 08 with the same problem that had a broken wire at one of those plugs.
Good point, I believe they do but they aren't in the exact same location.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Most of the ones I’ve fixed like that have been a module problem itself. You can try powering your 2 wires independently to see if the speedo etc...come back.

That should tell you fairly quickly if you have a wiring problem or module problem.

08Monster

Reaction score
Most of the ones I’ve fixed like that have been a module problem itself. You can try powering your 2 wires independently to see if the speedo etc...come back.

That should tell you fairly quickly if you have a wiring problem or module problem.
If the module is good or bad, if it doesn't have any power, it's not going to work either way. I'm not saying it can't be a module, but it's definitely not my primary issue

co04cobra

Reaction score
Did you run through ALL the fuses? Power the circuit independently see if it starts to function.

08Monster

Reaction score
Update this if you find something out please
Figured out the problem. The shunt fuse was removed from the fuse box in the hood compartment. Basically it's a solid bridge from the power bar in there to the ABS circuit. Took me forever to find. It's not in any schematics, diagrams, operation, etc.