Knock Knock, *** Me

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Well the motor in my 6.7 is junk. Started knocking towing a trailer to Pismo. Towed to a dealer, they started it, it siezed and they found metal in the oil filter.
I hauled it to the dealer I bought it from cause they will warantee it. Wayne has the cab off and tearing the motor apart already. He is in Idaho, just got back today from hauling it there.

a2b51529-7eb1-4962-bd77-14ea3f805ff8_zpsxlaumgjn.jpg
"]http://
a2b51529-7eb1-4962-bd77-14ea3f805ff8_zpsxlaumgjn.jpg
[/URL]

cylinders_zps9dq7xmhy.jpg
"]http://
cylinders_zps9dq7xmhy.jpg
[/URL]

We thought an injector stuck open but the cylinder that the code was set for is fine. May have been a rod bearing gone bad.....

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Had about 38,000 on it. Hopefully I get a new short block in it. Going with Morgans streetmaxR instead of the stock turbo.

04cr450

Reaction score
Been quite a few rod bearing failures lately... Some within 400miles around here. Just sucks. Sorry Erik

Is this an issue with these 6.7s now? Can't be oil related and the cj7 oilS are still abundant. Tuning?
Eric heard about this a week ago or so SMH .. time to try a different brand now with the luck you have had? Sorry to hear this.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
are all these failures seen on tuned trucks or stock? You would think with tuning there would be more rod issues then rod bearing issues? Crazy and not good.

Hopefully this is a legit warranty claim and not because of it being tuned and ******d...

Erikclaw

Reaction score
are all these failures seen on tuned trucks or stock? You would think with tuning there would be more rod issues then rod bearing issues? Crazy and not good.

Hopefully this is a legit warranty claim and not because of it being tuned and ******d...

The way it looks it had nothing to do with tuning. Was told its better that the top end looked fine, shows I didn't hurt it. Plus I was cruising downhill when it happened...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Tsb out on new oils not meeting demands of ford engines.

Damage could have happened long before failure. Low end torque can hurt bearings and not The top end

Latest posts

Members online