who to send injectors to?

turbocoupe

Reaction score
well come to find out my slightly used rebuilds are leaking oil out of the spouts
with no power to them:shrug:
in any case there supposed to be under warrenty 3-4 months old and under 300 miles of use
in any case I need to send them out to a respectable builder

who would you recommend ? and roughly how much does it cost?
thanks for any info

mandkole

Reaction score
That sucks...did they come from a shop? If so, call them. Many shops will swap out remans on warranty.

My set will eventually go to Tim at PIS but lots of injection vendors support PSA. Go to the vendor section.

turbocoupe

Reaction score
they are not standing behind them(never again) so looks like im eating 1200.00 for 300 miles
does pis do injectors over?

turbocoupe

Reaction score
well these are only little guys 160cc stock nozzle injectors
I wasn't looking to make a ton of power and my budget was no more than 5k to spend
which I went over you know how one thing leads to another

but in all reality I was hoping to make roughly 350-360 rear wheel hp
I did upgrade the turbo to a garret ball bearing turbo ww2 impeller also intercooled the truck using a 99sd setup with the 99 spyder (hard to find) 3in down pipe and 4in exhaust
its not chipped although id like one but im sure my tranny wont so better safe than sorry
plus its not in my budget especially now that I have to rebuild the rebuilt injectors I just bought 3-4 months ago,, this is really going to set me back,,kinda went up sideways when they backed out of there warrenty

any idea what its going to cost to have a fairly new rebuilds gone through?
rough cost? they only ran in the engine for 300 miles

Reaction score
The problem with the injectors dates back to before the "rebuild" and so that part of it will be the same cost as if never touched. I had this same thing happen with a set of injectors for a company stock pickup. Never did get them to stand behind them. Once I learned what to ask for, I found out THEY DID NOT KNOW HOW to check out the oil side. Since they did not know what was wrong with the injectors, no warranty on what they couldn't see while rebuilding them. Clear as mud?

turbocoupe

Reaction score
well the new to be wife is going to buy me new alliant ac code injectors
so I will take buying rebuilds as a learning lesson not to do that again
I see sets with 8 ac code and some with 7 ac code and one ae code wasn't that a bulletin back when for fuel cackle?

which set is my question is the ae needed for the back cylinder?
my truck was built 12/97

Reaction score
I think you made a very wise choice. I have been happy with my NEW AC's for years. Over 100k miles, not one issue. No question if they have worn oil side parts, they are new.

You need 8 AC's. All that other discussion is for Super Dooties.

mandkole

Reaction score
that's awesome, good for you. You should be very happy with them. Sounds like you got a good woman! ;)

PABowhunter

Reaction score
How much oil was coming out the spout?

Who did you talk to at Full Force? Did they try and help you diagnose the issue? They were very helpful when I sent my injectors in a few months ago to be bumped up.

turbocoupe

Reaction score
How much oil was coming out the spout?

Who did you talk to at Full Force? Did they try and help you diagnose the issue? They were very helpful when I sent my injectors in a few months ago to be bumped up.

I talked to ryan I believe his name is (owner)
he said to check a few things but didn't go into detail
he basically was trying to blame the install or that i had contaminated fuel
or contaminated oil which imo are all excuses in my book

they were very helpful when I was making the purchase
and got sour when I had issues

I will chalk it up as a learning lesson and shame on me for buying
rebuilds,, in no way shape or form am I saying all rebuilds are bad
just the ones from full force diesel.

as far as how much oil squirted out of the 6 bad injectors
I took the spouts off after unplugging them and they shot oil out roughly
3-4 inches similar to when you adjust valves on a small block chevy
Ive been an auto tech for 30yrs drag raced cars for 15 years in the b+m circuit built my own chassis etc etc worked on hvy equipment as well
I don't claim to be an ace diesel tech but I do know right from wrong

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Yea, Ryan is the owner.

That's frustrating to spend all that money to have something not work properly. There are probably tens of thousands of guys running around on rebuilt 7.3 injectors. I'm sure that thousands of those are from Full Force. A lot of guys on here have had good luck with them.

If you haven't completely given up on those reman injectors, it may be worth doing some more troubleshooting. I don't claim to be a diesel expert, but I know there are a lot of smart guys on this forum. They may be able to help troubleshoot it better for you and figure out exactly what the issue is.

Oil is supposed to shoot out of the spout. If it's leaking out of anywhere else you definitely have problems. Did you hook the truck up to a scanner to monitor things as it was running?

superpsd

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with a new set of AC codes. Im not sure what the FF deal is. Plenty of FF injector trucks with out problems however quite a few have had bad sets from FF and never went back.

mandkole

Reaction score
Yea, Ryan is the owner.

That's frustrating to spend all that money to have something not work properly. There are probably tens of thousands of guys running around on rebuilt 7.3 injectors. I'm sure that thousands of those are from Full Force. A lot of guys on here have had good luck with them.

If you haven't completely given up on those reman injectors, it may be worth doing some more troubleshooting. I don't claim to be a diesel expert, but I know there are a lot of smart guys on this forum. They may be able to help troubleshoot it better for you and figure out exactly what the issue is.

Oil is supposed to shoot out of the spout. If it's leaking out of anywhere else you definitely have problems. Did you hook the truck up to a scanner to monitor things as it was running?

oil is not supposed to shoot out the spout if the injectors are not running.. he was doing a pressure seal test.

Latest posts

Members online