E4OD PCS Controller

Reaction score
Im having an issue getting the speed input on my PCS working. I have it wired to the VSS sensor and my speedometer in the dash is working.

The 2 wires for the PCS are labelled "vehicle speed sensor" and "sensor ground". So since the VSS doesnt have a sensor ground circuit, i ran the sensor ground wire to a chassis ground and the other to the return signal wires from the VSS. Is this not correct? Anyone with an OBS and a PCS that can verify how i should be connecting to the VSS wiring?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I would assume sensor ground is actually signal return. The vss wire would be on the power side to the sensor, the other is return to the computer. As it is either a vrs sensor or a hall effect, the computer needs to know when the signal breaks and re connects.

Reaction score
I would assume sensor ground is actually signal return. The vss wire would be on the power side to the sensor, the other is return to the computer. As it is either a vrs sensor or a hall effect, the computer needs to know when the signal breaks and re connects.

I have tried it that way as well with no change. I'll hook it up that way again just for fun, but i doubt it will work. I wonder if it's something in the tune that wasnt happy.

Reaction score
How's that truck coming along anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Runs and drives again. It wont shift gears because of this PCS issue. With any luck I'll have it ready for Ennis. Once i get the PCS working, it goes to a friend's place to get the new hood fit and pinned down and then straight to another shop to get the roll bar done. It might take a miracle to get it to Ennis. Lol

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Runs and drives again. It wont shift gears because of this PCS issue. With any luck I'll have it ready for Ennis. Once i get the PCS working, it goes to a friend's place to get the new hood fit and pinned down and then straight to another shop to get the roll bar done. It might take a miracle to get it to Ennis. Lol
Nice, hopefully we can make it
And not lock my keys in the truck this time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Still beating my head against the wall with this. I've verified the speed circuit im using is speed input 3 and that is the circuit the tune should be looking at for driven wheel speed. The signal ground wire in question ties in with the other signal ground wires from the other sensors for the PCS, so in my mind that shouldnt be hooked into the VSS circuit.

So nobody on here has an E4OD controlled by a PCS that can tell me how you connected your speed input?

Reaction score
Update.. Just got off the phone with PCS. They say that i need to hook it back up with signal ground going to the return signal like i had it the first time i hooked it up and like 6.0 Tech thought. So i have to switch that back tonight.

He also told me to make sure the trigger level is set to 0.625-1.0v and then if all else fails try hooking the PCS up to the speed sensor directly to see if that works.

Latest posts

Members online