Regulated

stroker221

Reaction score
I see all the rugulated return and regulated supply threads for a fuel bowl ******. But why even regulate the supply after the airdog/fass/aeromotive pump? Why regulate the supply twice before the hpfp? Failsafe or? Why not just have a distribution block for the supply?

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
Here's a bump for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a fass and a elite fuel bowl weight reduction
I had a gauge on both at one point for testing and what I learned is
The regulator on the block buts the pressure on the pump my fass says it has 18 psi and the block has 10 psi.
If I turn the pressure back all the way the fass drops but I never seen what it stopped at all the way open
I hope this helps

Jonnydime

Reaction score
how low can you regulate on a fass/airdog/aeromotive/fuel lab system? If you can get it to 10psi leaving the pump there is no need to run a regulator downstream unless you are doing it for insurance. I have an a1000 pump supplying an a1000 bypass regulator feeding both my hpfp's.

Bryce_fow

Reaction score
how low can you regulate on a fass/airdog/aeromotive/fuel lab system? If you can get it to 10psi leaving the pump there is no need to run a regulator downstream unless you are doing it for insurance. I have an a1000 pump supplying an a1000 bypass regulator feeding both my hpfp's.

My fass was putting out ten but my block is only at 6 psi

footlong70

Reaction score
I'm just guessing, but I would think having the pump set at 10 PSI and no regulator beyond would work at idle-part throttle. At high-WOT, the pressure would drop, very possibly go on vacuum, especially with dual fuelers. I don't actually know as I've never monitored/tested it before, just a guess. By setting the pressure higher on the pump to say 18-20PSI, and using a regulator just before, feeding the pump(s), set to 10 PSI to ensure we don't push the fuel past the hp pump seals, while also ensuring the lp pump has adequate additional pressure to keep up at high demand. The pressure beyond the regulator should not drop below 10PSI unless the pump to regulator falls below 10 PSI. This would keep a fairly constant 10PSI on the hp pump(s) regardless of fuel demand. Given the type of hp pump, I can't imagine it would matter with the low pressure side falling to single digit PSI, just as long as its positive pressure, never vacuum. But once again I'm just guessing.

Last edited: