E99-L99-03 Setup Swap Info

ToMang07

Reaction score
So I found a E99 out of a F550 that is in running order, 195k miles on it. Injectors (AB?) are worn out.

I believe all I need to swap are manifolds (mine are pretty new), intake plenums, Turbo/CAC piping, and up-pipes (newer bellowed) correct?

Injectors, I know the cup sealant on the e99s was different and why they couldn't use ELC coolant, so ford green it is there, no problem.

At this point I want to either send my 02's injectors out to be rebuilt or upgrade to stage 1's. I'll also swap over my newer fuel bowl as it's a pretty fresh rebuild and my T500 HPOP.

Anything else I should be worried about or aware of?

And please keep the T4/turbo swap opinions to yourself. It's not happening, truck is pretty much just a plow truck now.

Bluke

Reaction score
You need to swap your engine harness.
Just the drivers side exhaust manifold, up pipes, pedestal, turbo, plenums and the spider. Injectors are ab's. The cac piping is the same.

For just a plow truck use Dorman up pipes and ****** your ebpv with a 3/4" freeze plug and put a 1/4" npt plug in the whole where the rod comes out if the pedestal.

DieselJpower

Reaction score
Mines an 02 as well and when I swapped the motor for a 95 motor my water temp gauge went crazy. Pulled the old sensor off the 02 motor , swapped it and all was good. Moral of the story , save your old sensors unless your buying all new ones.

ToMang07

Reaction score
You need to swap your engine harness.
Just the drivers side exhaust manifold, up pipes, pedestal, turbo, plenums and the spider. Injectors are ab's. The cac piping is the same.

For just a plow truck use Dorman up pipes and ****** your ebpv with a 3/4" freeze plug and put a 1/4" npt plug in the whole where the rod comes out if the pedestal.

I have 2yo bellowed up pipes on my 02 that I'll use. Thanks for the heads up on the wiring harness, I may swap the UVCH as well, I know the 02 one is good.

Both my manifolds are Ford ones I just put on 2 years ago, so I'll probably use them both as it appears the ones on the 99 are original. I have a EBPV ****** pedestal on my 02 I'll use as well.

No issues with dropping the ADs/Stage 1's in except coolant, correct?

Mines an 02 as well and when I swapped the motor for a 95 motor my water temp gauge went crazy. Pulled the old sensor off the 02 motor , swapped it and all was good. Moral of the story , save your old sensors unless your buying all new ones.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep that in mind for sure.

bluedge8

Reaction score
sounds good, start looking at diesel o rings for what you want

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
I'd say 300/200, big oil, compounds, and all the headwork you can afford!:poke::redspotdance:
J/k tom, sucks to hear that you had to do this.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
:whs:

Not gonna see what happen?

Don't forget bedplate and block fill.

Latest posts

Members online