P04DB

ZCherry27

Reaction score
Well, I've had the truck for little under a month and on the way into work tonight check engine light comes on and I pull this code off the Edge. After looking at a few different posts I've learned it's saying the Crankcase Ventilation System is Disconnected. Completely stock 2014 f250 lariat with 86k. Leaves me two questions

If I understand the warranty correctly this falls under emissions and I'm outside of mileage for that. Correct?

If I keep driving with this code is it going to mess anything up? Or should I park it and drive my winter beater until I can get some goodies ordered from No Limit?

Either way as soon as I have some spare funds truck will be going on a diet but with a kid on the way funds are a little tied up currently.

ZCherry27

Reaction score
Quick update, cleared code hasn't came back yet. Have a few long drives I need to make this weekend and we'll see if it comes back. If it doesn't I'll just chalk it up to a computer glitch if it does truck will just need to go on diet sooner

JRLott

Reaction score
I've been getting the same code for the last 1500 miles or so. 41k on it and surgery at 5k. I haven't pulled it off to look, but I read that it is a system check that polls the sensor (Hall effect?) at every start up. I'll get it three times and then nothing for 10...5 times and nothing for however long. I clear it and go on so my remote will work next time. Looking for advice on the repair, because it's annoying.

DieselDog

Reaction score
Will not damage anything or cause reduce engine performance.
As for repair you will need a new oil separator assembly and connector.. Then once repaired will need to secure harness to keep harness from moving with engine vibration this will help reduce the chance of repeat failures.
BASE Part for oil separator is a 6A785 usually covered under emissions warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
Thanks, DD. Hopefully it'll magically fix itself since I don't want to take mine to the Stealership in skinny jeans.

ZCherry27

Reaction score
Mine has yet to come back on. Thanks for the part number DD. If it comes back I'll look into replacing it. But being in Wisco the weather here has a mind of its own so I might be driving the winter beater by the time the code comes back.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.