Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > Aftermarket Super Duty 1999 - Current

Old 11-07-2014, 02:06 AM
General
Member's Gallery

I'm a fan of griots garage. Their one step sealant works wonders and lasts forever.
2003 CCSB KING RANCH, 20X12 PACERS, 420S, STOCK FRONT, REAR BLOCK ****** KIT, BILLET S366 190/75S, CUTTING EDGE T4 DIVIDED, TWISTED STG 3 WITH PRECISION 2100 STALL, CAL TRACS, NO LIMIT INTAKE, 6.7 FUEL PUMP AND NOTHING BUT ******** TUNES!

11.91@110/7.59@90

MACHINERY TECHNICIAN 3RD CLASS USCG.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS97_7.3 View Post
I need a polisher so bad. Sucks trying to make paint look like that by hand

Believe it or not, I did that with a $45 DA from harbor freight. I read a few good reviews from pros using it as a backup on auto geek so I went for it about a year or so ago. Kinda intended on it being a starter one just to get the feel if I wanted to do it on my own.

Aside from the obvious build quality, like the handle threads only working on one side or the piece on the back not wanting to stay on it's really not bad. Some guys on auto geek said the motor is actually more powerful than the porter cable everyone uses.

The one downside is its balanced horribly. And by the end of a session you're beat. I went and read a little more on auto geek and turns out that's the backing plate and everyone says to replace it and it's much better.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDS97_7.3 View Post
I've heard of some bad results with lexol and KR seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Monster View Post
Lexol leather condition for the leather. Especially KR leather.
Bickmore 4 Leather Conditioner. Hands down the best you will ever use on leather. We've owned a boots, leather, and saddle shop since 1867 and it's the only product we sell or recommend. I use it on my KR Leather and it's awesome.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
Believe it or not, I did that with a $45 DA from harbor freight. I read a few good reviews from pros using it as a backup on auto geek so I went for it about a year or so ago. Kinda intended on it being a starter one just to get the feel if I wanted to do it on my own.

Aside from the obvious build quality, like the handle threads only working on one side or the piece on the back not wanting to stay on it's really not bad. Some guys on auto geek said the motor is actually more powerful than the porter cable everyone uses.

The one downside is its balanced horribly. And by the end of a session you're beat. I went and read a little more on auto geek and turns out that's the backing plate and everyone says to replace it and it's much better.
Got a link? Sounds like just what I need
Old 11-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Yep. This is the one http://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-va...her-69924.html

One thing I will also warn you of, is the harbor freight pads are decent, but by the time I finished one pass around the truck with those, they were coming apart and shooting foam everywhere. I bought some hex logic pads from chemical guys, and those did way better.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:48 AM
General
Member's Gallery

I have the porter cable 7424xp I believe. Things a beast. Not worried about the power of the motor considering I never use it on full power.
2003 CCSB KING RANCH, 20X12 PACERS, 420S, STOCK FRONT, REAR BLOCK ****** KIT, BILLET S366 190/75S, CUTTING EDGE T4 DIVIDED, TWISTED STG 3 WITH PRECISION 2100 STALL, CAL TRACS, NO LIMIT INTAKE, 6.7 FUEL PUMP AND NOTHING BUT ******** TUNES!

11.91@110/7.59@90

Old 11-07-2014, 10:01 AM
Major
Member's Gallery

I use Meguiar's leather conditioner on my KR seats.....seems to do the job, smells good also........
Old 11-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinky View Post
I have the porter cable 7424xp I believe. Things a beast. Not worried about the power of the motor considering I never use it on full power.
I wasn't saying the harbor freight is necessarily better, just trying to demonstrate that it's not really as big of a piece of **** as you'd expect from them. I think its a good starter or even good for once a year or so. I've actually been researching getting one of the nicer ones, mainly so I don't hate using it as much.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:05 AM
General
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
I wasn't saying the harbor freight is necessarily better, just trying to demonstrate that it's not really as big of a piece of **** as you'd expect from them. I think its a good starter or even good for once a year or so. I've actually been researching getting one of the nicer ones, mainly so I don't hate using it as much.
I hear ya man. That's good news though maybe I can get some friends to buy the harbor freight one and quit borrowing mine. What products would you recommend for maybe a 2 step process to remove light/medium swirls and have a good bling factor?

11.91@110/7.59@90

Old 11-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Colonel
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinky View Post
I hear ya man. That's good news though maybe I can get some friends to buy the harbor freight one and quit borrowing mine. What products would you recommend for maybe a 2 step process to remove light/medium swirls and have a good bling factor?
I really like the chemical guys V series polishes. V34,36,38,38. 34 is the most aggressive and 38 is the lightest. The only others I've used were the Meguiars that comes in the tan bottles, but I can't remember the names now.

The V36 works really well for a one step, and that's what I did a couple weeks ago with great results. I would just try that on your truck first, to see what you can get it to do without taking too much of your clear off. If you need more the 34 would be plenty.

Don't overlook the pad you are using either. I used the orange hex logic pad with that, but I've seen where people with more swirls use the green one, which is the heavy polishing pad, but not quite a cutting pad.