Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Power Strokes > Aftermarket Super Duty 1999 - Current

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 11-07-2014, 07:40 PM
swinky's Avatar
swinky swinky is offline
General
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Eastern, Nc
Posts: 8,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedknuckles View Post
What do yall use to get the gay off? Both corners of my truck are stained with gay...

Fixed.

If a wax won't do it I'd just bump up to a light polish. I would think something as simple as a good wash would get it off.
__________________
2003 CCSB KING RANCH, 20X12 PACERS, 420S, STOCK FRONT, REAR BLOCK ****** KIT, BILLET S366 190/75S, CUTTING EDGE T4 DIVIDED, TWISTED STG 3 WITH PRECISION 2100 STALL, CAL TRACS, NO LIMIT INTAKE, 6.7 FUEL PUMP AND NOTHING BUT ******** TUNES!

11.91@110/7.59@90

MACHINERY TECHNICIAN 3RD CLASS USCG.
  #42  
Old 11-07-2014, 07:45 PM
TripleE44's Avatar
TripleE44 TripleE44 is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 2,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7pstroker View Post
I just made a purchase from CG. Got a little bit of everything. Im going to try out the Mr.Pink Super Suds soap, follow up with the medium duty clay bar, then the White Wax, and finish up with a coat of V7 quick detailer. Cant wait to get this stuff in and give it a go

Great choices. The v7 is the ****, I actually buy it by the gallon now. Same with the mr pink. That's my go to soap. Obviously haven't used the white wax though I'm sure it's great also.
__________________
11 F250 6.7 CC/SB -- 3.5'' PMF/ICON/Fox suspension, 17'' BMF DRT's & 37'' Toyo RTs
  #43  
Old 11-07-2014, 07:58 PM
6.7pstroker's Avatar
6.7pstroker 6.7pstroker is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St.L
Posts: 44
Default

Yea Im pumped. I did lots of reading on their site and plan to try a light polish this coming spring
  #44  
Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 PM
TripleE44's Avatar
TripleE44 TripleE44 is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 2,569
Default Washing/Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7pstroker View Post
Yea Im pumped. I did lots of reading on their site and plan to try a light polish this coming spring

Also, I don't know if you found them, but they've also got a ton of how to videos on YouTube. That's actually where I learned how to polish.

Oh, and welcome to the addiction/obsession.
__________________
11 F250 6.7 CC/SB -- 3.5'' PMF/ICON/Fox suspension, 17'' BMF DRT's & 37'' Toyo RTs
  #45  
Old 11-07-2014, 09:28 PM
6.7pstroker's Avatar
6.7pstroker 6.7pstroker is offline
Private
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: St.L
Posts: 44
Default

Ive seen a few of the videos. They are great. Haha thanks man! Its definitely gonna be a task!
  #46  
Old 11-08-2014, 07:59 AM
bft blue oval boys's Avatar
bft blue oval boys bft blue oval boys is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 3,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
Also, I don't know if you found them, but they've also got a ton of how to videos on YouTube. That's actually where I learned how to polish.

Oh, and welcome to the addiction/obsession.
Can you link some of the videos you liked for learning to polish?
__________________
Randall @ Rudy's Diesel Performance
Toll Free: 866-757-6537 Ext. 209
Email: randall@rudysdiesel.com

2015 6.7 Ruby Red Platinum GDP Tuned EZ Lynk, 64mm VGT Turbo, RCD Stoker CP4, No Limit Stage 2 Intake, 5" Exhaust
  #47  
Old 11-08-2014, 08:17 AM
SDS97_7.3's Avatar
SDS97_7.3 SDS97_7.3 is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Finksburg, Maryland
Posts: 4,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleE44 View Post
Believe it or not, I did that with a $45 DA from harbor freight. I read a few good reviews from pros using it as a backup on auto geek so I went for it about a year or so ago. Kinda intended on it being a starter one just to get the feel if I wanted to do it on my own.

Aside from the obvious build quality, like the handle threads only working on one side or the piece on the back not wanting to stay on it's really not bad. Some guys on auto geek said the motor is actually more powerful than the porter cable everyone uses.

The one downside is its balanced horribly. And by the end of a session you're beat. I went and read a little more on auto geek and turns out that's the backing plate and everyone says to replace it and it's much better.
I had that one once. It broke with in 5 minutes of turning it on they didn't believe that it wouldn't run at first when I took it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bft blue oval boys View Post
Can you link some of the videos you liked for learning to polish?
Just go to autogeeks forum. It's loaded with pic's and videos, and tips.
__________________
Steven
RIP Dex
KCCO
2008 F350 CCLB KR, IDP, MPD, No Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisley View Post
Nobody want to look at you or talk to you anyways. They are made for you.
  #48  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:02 AM
WhiteMamba_Scorpion's Avatar
WhiteMamba_Scorpion WhiteMamba_Scorpion is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,948
Default

My personal detailing regiment is as follows:

Wash: CG Mr. Pink (CWS_402) just with a good old bucket and CG mit (MIC_491) and don't dry it.

Clay Bar: CG Yellow OG bar with Luber. Comes in a pair (CLY_113). Clay bar the entire truck then wash it off again real quick.

Polish: CG Pro Polish 3n (GAP_108_16) its a very light polish with minimal cutting. I use it paired with a Porter Cable with the CG White Hex Pad (BUFX_104HEX6). Just go over the entire truck very lightly. Wipe down with a micro fiber cloth.

Sealant: CG Jet Seal (WAC_118_16) applied with CG micro fiber applicator (MIC_292_01) just apply a thin coat over the entire truck let it sit for 20 mins apply a second thin coat let it sit and wipe down with a clean microfiber cloth.

Wax: CG XXX Hardcore Carnuba (WAC_301) apply by hand with an applicator in thin coats and as many coats as you want. Wipe off.

^^^ Process above I do once or twice a year. and in between washes I use the CG Hybrid V7 Optical Select (WAC_808_16) which has some carnuba in it for a quick shine after a normal summer wash.
__________________
Pete
2012 CCSB: 766/1552 SOLD
  #49  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:37 AM
bft blue oval boys's Avatar
bft blue oval boys bft blue oval boys is offline
Colonel
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burlington, NC
Posts: 3,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba_Scorpion View Post
My personal detailing regiment is as follows:

Wash: CG Mr. Pink (CWS_402) just with a good old bucket and CG mit (MIC_491) and don't dry it.

Clay Bar: CG Yellow OG bar with Luber. Comes in a pair (CLY_113). Clay bar the entire truck then wash it off again real quick.

Polish: CG Pro Polish 3n (GAP_108_16) its a very light polish with minimal cutting. I use it paired with a Porter Cable with the CG White Hex Pad (BUFX_104HEX6). Just go over the entire truck very lightly. Wipe down with a micro fiber cloth.

Sealant: CG Jet Seal (WAC_118_16) applied with CG micro fiber applicator (MIC_292_01) just apply a thin coat over the entire truck let it sit for 20 mins apply a second thin coat let it sit and wipe down with a clean microfiber cloth.

Wax: CG XXX Hardcore Carnuba (WAC_301) apply by hand with an applicator in thin coats and as many coats as you want. Wipe off.

^^^ Process above I do once or twice a year. and in between washes I use the CG Hybrid V7 Optical Select (WAC_808_16) which has some carnuba in it for a quick shine after a normal summer wash.
Pics of results?
__________________
Randall @ Rudy's Diesel Performance
Toll Free: 866-757-6537 Ext. 209
Email: randall@rudysdiesel.com

2015 6.7 Ruby Red Platinum GDP Tuned EZ Lynk, 64mm VGT Turbo, RCD Stoker CP4, No Limit Stage 2 Intake, 5" Exhaust
  #50  
Old 11-08-2014, 10:43 AM
WhiteMamba_Scorpion's Avatar
WhiteMamba_Scorpion WhiteMamba_Scorpion is offline
Major
Member's Gallery
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,948
Default

I don't have any pictures on my current phone of it right after the full process.

Pics below are after about 2 months after the full detail just after a quick wash and dry.







__________________
Pete
2012 CCSB: 766/1552 SOLD
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 AM.

 

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Designed by Military Ltd