Washing/Detailing

swinky

Reaction score
What do yall use to get the gay off? Both corners of my truck are stained with gay...
50a6efce39e73840551486e12d8acfbc.jpg

Fixed.

If a wax won't do it I'd just bump up to a light polish. I would think something as simple as a good wash would get it off.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I just made a purchase from CG. Got a little bit of everything. Im going to try out the Mr.Pink Super Suds soap, follow up with the medium duty clay bar, then the White Wax, and finish up with a coat of V7 quick detailer. Cant wait to get this stuff in and give it a go

Great choices. The v7 is the ****, I actually buy it by the gallon now. Same with the mr pink. That's my go to soap. Obviously haven't used the white wax though I'm sure it's great also.

6.7pstroker

Reaction score
Yea Im pumped. I did lots of reading on their site and plan to try a light polish this coming spring

TripleE44

Reaction score
Yea Im pumped. I did lots of reading on their site and plan to try a light polish this coming spring

Also, I don't know if you found them, but they've also got a ton of how to videos on YouTube. That's actually where I learned how to polish.

Oh, and welcome to the addiction/obsession.

6.7pstroker

Reaction score
Ive seen a few of the videos. They are great. Haha thanks man! Its definitely gonna be a task!

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I did that with a $45 DA from harbor freight. I read a few good reviews from pros using it as a backup on auto geek so I went for it about a year or so ago. Kinda intended on it being a starter one just to get the feel if I wanted to do it on my own.

Aside from the obvious build quality, like the handle threads only working on one side or the piece on the back not wanting to stay on it's really not bad. Some guys on auto geek said the motor is actually more powerful than the porter cable everyone uses.

The one downside is its balanced horribly. And by the end of a session you're beat. I went and read a little more on auto geek and turns out that's the backing plate and everyone says to replace it and it's much better.

I had that one once. It broke with in 5 minutes of turning it on LOL they didn't believe that it wouldn't run at first when I took it back.

Can you link some of the videos you liked for learning to polish?

Just go to autogeeks forum. It's loaded with pic's and videos, and tips.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
My personal detailing regiment is as follows:

Wash: CG Mr. Pink (CWS_402) just with a good old bucket and CG mit (MIC_491) and don't dry it.

Clay Bar: CG Yellow OG bar with Luber. Comes in a pair (CLY_113). Clay bar the entire truck then wash it off again real quick.

Polish: CG Pro Polish 3n (GAP_108_16) its a very light polish with minimal cutting. I use it paired with a Porter Cable with the CG White Hex Pad (BUFX_104HEX6). Just go over the entire truck very lightly. Wipe down with a micro fiber cloth.

Sealant: CG Jet Seal (WAC_118_16) applied with CG micro fiber applicator (MIC_292_01) just apply a thin coat over the entire truck let it sit for 20 mins apply a second thin coat let it sit and wipe down with a clean microfiber cloth.

Wax: CG XXX Hardcore Carnuba (WAC_301) apply by hand with an applicator in thin coats and as many coats as you want. Wipe off.

^^^ Process above I do once or twice a year. and in between washes I use the CG Hybrid V7 Optical Select (WAC_808_16) which has some carnuba in it for a quick shine after a normal summer wash.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
My personal detailing regiment is as follows:

Wash: CG Mr. Pink (CWS_402) just with a good old bucket and CG mit (MIC_491) and don't dry it.

Clay Bar: CG Yellow OG bar with Luber. Comes in a pair (CLY_113). Clay bar the entire truck then wash it off again real quick.

Polish: CG Pro Polish 3n (GAP_108_16) its a very light polish with minimal cutting. I use it paired with a Porter Cable with the CG White Hex Pad (BUFX_104HEX6). Just go over the entire truck very lightly. Wipe down with a micro fiber cloth.

Sealant: CG Jet Seal (WAC_118_16) applied with CG micro fiber applicator (MIC_292_01) just apply a thin coat over the entire truck let it sit for 20 mins apply a second thin coat let it sit and wipe down with a clean microfiber cloth.

Wax: CG XXX Hardcore Carnuba (WAC_301) apply by hand with an applicator in thin coats and as many coats as you want. Wipe off.

^^^ Process above I do once or twice a year. and in between washes I use the CG Hybrid V7 Optical Select (WAC_808_16) which has some carnuba in it for a quick shine after a normal summer wash.
Pics of results?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I don't have any pictures on my current phone of it right after the full process.

Pics below are after about 2 months after the full detail just after a quick wash and dry.

IMG_20140412_141043_763_zpsb1ffb8b7.png

IMG_20140412_141002_736_zps825f4d88.png

IMG_20140412_140947_135_zpsc30cc043.png

IMG_20140412_140914_820_zps3f5c8cdf.png

TripleE44

Reaction score
I had that one once. It broke with in 5 minutes of turning it on LOL they didn't believe that it wouldn't run at first when I took it back.

Have you seen the new torq DA that chemical guys just put up on their site this week? It looks really nice. Even has a digital display and when you switch it on it doesn't go all out no matter what. You just press the button and it slowly gains speed. Can't tell you how many times I forget I'm still on a high speed after I've moved to a new panel and have the product on the pad, and it slings all over the garage.

And whitemamba, have you seen the clay mitt? It accomplishes the same thing as the clay bar, but soooooo much faster. With my foam cannon I can coat the whole truck and clay it with the mitt in under 5 minutes, literally.

swinky

Reaction score
I've slung polish all over myself more times than I can count. Got it in my beer once, **** tasted rough.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Have you seen the new torq DA that chemical guys just put up on their site this week? It looks really nice. Even has a digital display and when you switch it on it doesn't go all out no matter what. You just press the button and it slowly gains speed. Can't tell you how many times I forget I'm still on a high speed after I've moved to a new panel and have the product on the pad, and it slings all over the garage.

And whitemamba, have you seen the clay mitt? It accomplishes the same thing as the clay bar, but soooooo much faster. With my foam cannon I can coat the whole truck and clay it with the mitt in under 5 minutes, literally.

Yeah I was reading about it on the email they sent out. Looks awesome. Maybe Christmas present hints need to be used for that LOL

6.7pstroker

Reaction score
IMG_5205_zps9ead1267.jpg

Finally had the chance to give some of my Chemical Guys products. Gave the truck a quick bath with their RU waterless wash. Pleasantly surprised with the results! But I did use the entire bottle....

TripleE44

Reaction score
Finally had the chance to give some of my Chemical Guys products. Gave the truck a quick bath with their RU waterless wash. Pleasantly surprised with the results! But I did use the entire bottle....

Cool man, I've had some of the Ecosmart waterless wash stuff for a little while now, but I haven't worked up the nerve to do it yet. I'm so scared that I'll grab a piece of dirt that's too big and swirl the paint that I've worked so hard to de-swirl.

Did it feel pretty slick like you weren't actually rubbing the dirt? I'm curious if the whole "tech" of the stuff encapsulating the dirt is really real...

MaxdLaw

Reaction score
IMG_5205_zps9ead1267.jpg

Looks good. Kinda wanna try since it's so cold out but kinda like the old fashioned 5 gallon bucket sponge and hose.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Looks good. Kinda wanna try since it's so cold out but kinda like the old fashioned 5 gallon bucket sponge and hose.

When it's cold something that helps a LOT is insulated dishwashing gloves, and fill that bucket with hot sink water. Makes the process a lot more tolerable.

Latest posts

Members online