Washing/Detailing

79jasper

Reaction score
The cg products look good, I just can't stand the guy that does all the talking. His voice is annoying.
Ammonyc uses some good stuff.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

05f250harley

Reaction score
Just put in my order to chemical guys. I got the foam cannon with honeydew soap. I got Petes 53 wax, jetseal, vo7, and some nonsense cleaner. I also got some microfiber towels.

Jomax

Reaction score
Join auto geek.net. great forum to learn about this stuff in detail.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

johnp115

Reaction score
Just had this done to the truck! So happy with the result.
415931af2e0f2e8e86e57db9da6ae965.jpg
8316524fcc4798b99781346f7ed35428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SickStroke6.0

Reaction score
I've used Chemical Guys, Meguiar's Professional, P21S, PoorBoy's, Sonax, CarPro, C.A.R., 3D, HD, Collinite, Duragloss, GTechniq, Menzerna, Optimum, Shine Supply, various PBMG brands (Pinnacle, Blackfire Wolfgang, etc), XMT, Griot's, Wolfs Chemicals, Ultima, and the list goes on. My favorite brands are CarPro and Shine Supply. Both of those companies put out products that are significantly better than the competition, with fair pricing, and awesome customer service. Corey (CarPro) and Jeremy (Shine Supply) are both great to deal with. I haven't been a huge Chemical Guys fan. Their products are extremely hyped up, however, most of them are just average quality with high quality price tags. I do like the Hybrid V07, but it is to only be used on a vehicle with no LSP (last step protection), or a chemically resistant sealant or coating. It contains alcohol in the formula, in order to flash more quickly and reduce streaking, but will also degrade your sealant or wax.

I am planning on building a detailing post (with pictures) oriented specifically to cleaning our trucks. Detailing my truck every week has allowed me to try a lot of different products and methods, and figure out how to most efficiently detail this big 'ole hunk of metal.

As far as polishing goes, the Griot's 6" polisher is the best bang for your buck. The HF polisher is a great deal, as well, but a pair of Mechanix gloves will be needed as well. It will rattle your teeth out. :D I'm currently using a combination of the Rupes 21, Rupes Mini, and the Griot's 6".

If you have any specific questions about products, methods, etc.; I'll be glad to help.

Latest posts

Members online