I'm new, need a little help

2AM

Reaction score
I have a 2011, 6.7 all stock as far as i can tell. My first Diesel.
I just bought the truck 3 weeks ago and am loving it.
Now I've got 155 miles until I'm limited to 55mph. contaminated def. Never opened it yet, so I filled it, it took two gallons, service center seems good, said $300 pull the tank, clean, see whats wrong.
Sounds like from everything I've gathered in 2 days, I should remove a tank and fix the exhaust, and unplug something up top? and see how that works.
That's where I fall short, How to get the programmer and the tune it will need.
I see a lot of options, and I'm confused as to what to do.
Goal is, Make the truck run great. It has enough power, make it last. get rid of what I don't need on it. okay well who wouldn't want say 50-70 HP lol
I found one little block that I can just plug in and be done for $450 bucks? called the ***r4.1 that has what seems I need included. But then I see sct 7015 for similar but am unsure what it has on it, but it does have a display that does lots of things. Someone point me to easy but reliable please!!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Chances are its a nox sensor gone bad. I would take it to a shop and have it looked at, one thats noy just gonna quote you "cleaning" the def tank. If it is for sure contaminated, you need all that **** new, as it will just recontaminate the new def you put in.

Id never advocate getting rid of that stuff. Its on there for a reason...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online