Go Back   PowerStrokeArmy > Non - Specific > Project Forum

Old 05-09-2017, 06:51 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Trans-cooler kit is ordered. I went generic route through Summit, heavy duty. Hoping to install this weekend as well as dremel my firewall hole for the portal of "modern-ish technology". Pictures to come.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default more updates, few weekends prior to install of trans cooler...

Busy weekend for sure.
I found a M101 military trailer, locally, and correctly priced. Problem, I'm running out of space again and do not need to piss off the township again (or do I?)

Problem solved.
Sold the 1967 MGB I just picked up to my buddy, grabbed the m101 and put it in the garage spot where the MGB was.

Also brought Eleanor home from my buddy's pole barn (same guy who bought the MGB) now that the weather is nice. No pictures yet of the trailer, but it will be my next project after Eleanor's done (and will be used behind Eleanor for our many adventures to come.

With Eleanor home, I can do some late night summer wrenching from the comfort of my own home.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:37 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

so now that Eleanor is home, and the M101 is tucked away in the garage, my intent is to take this weekend and tidy up my work space, utilize the trailer as a work bench for my wiring, and start making some progress. I ordered a Lisle 57780 Terminal Tool for Ford to assist in breaking down the donor wiring harness.
I know, I know, just cut it. Well my worry is that some of the wiring is short in spots, and since I don't know how much I need and where to connect certain things, simply playing it safe.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Making slow progress. Took in an underling (minion?) who's headed off to diesel trade school in the fall. So he's helping/learning at the same time. Not that I'm a good teacher, just that it will definitely be something unique enough for him to enjoy learning on.

Working on lining up the fenders so the door's lines match up. Then there's the hood. MF! I don't know why I didn't chalk line where the bolts were before I removed it. I know better. But I digress.

Aftermarket trans cooler and lines are hooked up and routed. Need to cinch all those to the rail and the like.

Planning on finishing the cinching of trans lines this weekend and finishing the hood fitment. Next is the drop pitman arm install (when it gets here) so that I can steer this pig again without the use of a sledge hammer pound the sidewalls of my MTR's next time we move it. Pics to come when there is something "cool" to show.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:29 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default action shots of trans cooler install (sexy, right?)

Sexy stuff right here. Involves a butt plug for the rear line of the transmission (had to remove). I used a spark plug.
Installed the trans cooler in front of the radiator. Not much room to get my cow milkers in there. Good thing I acquired the protege. Skinny long arms and non-milk man hands helped out a lot.
With Eleanor home and working on her, much easier than to commute 20 minutes to my buddies, my youngest has also decided he will use the baja rack as his "fort" while dad works on the truck.

Last edited by 1killerz; 08-07-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default update

I work on Eleanor at night, after little dude goes to bed. Weather here has kept me inside the last week (too damn cold).
On the plus side, I found a shop to do the wiring (locally at that). They will have an opening for me come march/april. My goal is to finish up the wiring before that time (I really want to complete it myself). But in the end, I just want it done so I can start driving it (after other stuff beyond the wiring).
Old 02-15-2018, 08:13 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Default input

Anybody have experience with SORD Sky Manufacturing cross over steering kit?

Eleanor's D60 has the set up, was actually on there when I bought her with the D44. When I swapped over, I noticed the bar was pretty banged up, and now I have seemed to misplace the drop pit man arm.

So, I figured I might as well as upgrade. Any thoughts based on experience?

Here's the link to the product.

https://www.skysoffroaddesign.com/co...dana-60csk-001
Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 AM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[IMG
http://powerstrokearmy.com/photopost/data/500/medium/LIAMS_NEW_FAVORITE_SPOT.jpg[/IMG]
Im pretty sure I drove past your place a while back, saw this sitting outside covered in snow. On 104th ave.?
Old 02-15-2018, 12:34 PM
Sergeant
Member's Gallery

That sounds about right.