Is there a better injector o-ring fix

UNLIMITED_DIESEL

Reaction score
What using inferior orings can do... Anyone want some fuel in their oil???

https://vimeo.com/132578896

f9c8339b2591e92bc0e975fad49c8ea4.jpg

rusty1161

Reaction score
Looks like mine are shot too. Dead in the water. Hopefully tear into this thing Saturday. Waiting for a tow truck.........

Rusty

BrightLight

Reaction score
We had the same problem. Tim said there was a bunch of bad "o" rings out there. I replaced all of them with Alliant, no problems since!

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Yep, I did the double metal ring. I staggered the joint 180° apart. Wit the doubled the metal ring, you eliminate the gap in the upper groove. And when installing the injector, it has a tighter fit.

Billy T.
[email protected]

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I found the missing copper washer on the ground. The missing parts of the o-rings are eveywhere!

Rusty
lol.. yeah, those are always fun to find when you are trying to make sure the washers didn't fall back in the cup..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

rusty1161

Reaction score
This was the worst injector.

EE5BE68A-BE4D-4686-AC37-9014215E1052_zpsudks6x40.jpg

All of the injectors are reinstalled. It sure is tough to seat them all of the way with the extra metal ring in there. Just need to finish replacing the leaking water pump that I found while I was in there. Then I can fire it up.

Rusty

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
This was the worst injector.

EE5BE68A-BE4D-4686-AC37-9014215E1052_zpsudks6x40.jpg

All of the injectors are reinstalled. It sure is tough to seat them all of the way with the extra metal ring in there. Just need to finish replacing the leaking water pump that I found while I was in there. Then I can fire it up.

Rusty
rubber mallet or palm fist them.. lol

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

rusty1161

Reaction score
Well, the truck started back up and made good HPO #'s. But, I stopped after 20 miles of driving and still 10-15 seconds to start. I figured I'd put another 30 or 40 freeway miles on it. When I got off the freeway, I pulled over, shut it off and tried to restart it. No dice, never over 400 psi until the 5th attempt and got her home. Tried pulling the ICP pigtail off the sensor, it starts after 3-4 seconds. Plug it back in, and now starts after 3-4 seconds, no difference from unplugged, but better. The ICP pigtail is hammered, insulation looks worn and I see some copper strands. I'm going to replace the pigtail and hope that's it.

Rusty

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
So did you actually change the IPR with a new one or just reringed it? I had the same symptoms but ipr coil went bad. Possible you have a chunk of one of your orings stuck in the ipr?

rusty1161

Reaction score
I put in a new IPR before I pulled the injectors. The debris from the o-rings is a thought, too. I will pull the IPR when I replace that pigtail in the morning.

Rusty

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Well, the truck started back up and made good HPO #'s. But, I stopped after 20 miles of driving and still 10-15 seconds to start. I figured I'd put another 30 or 40 freeway miles on it. When I got off the freeway, I pulled over, shut it off and tried to restart it. No dice, never over 400 psi until the 5th attempt and got her home. Tried pulling the ICP pigtail off the sensor, it starts after 3-4 seconds. Plug it back in, and now starts after 3-4 seconds, no difference from unplugged, but better. The ICP pigtail is hammered, insulation looks worn and I see some copper strands. I'm going to replace the pigtail and hope that's it.

Rusty

Had the same thing happen to me when I changed the HPOP and installed a new Motorcraft IPR.....Did a few start/stop with extended cranks....no biggie as I opened the HPO system. Went on a 30 mile highway ride, HPO numbers were good. Parked the truck for 90 minutes, try to restart it.....wouldn't build over 100 psi. After 5-6 attempts, HPO built and started. I drove the truck for another 30 miles and no more start issues. I've now put over 300 miles on and no more start issues.

My main concern is where do all the oring fragments go?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online