Tell tell signs of early 99 sd and later sd's

wildbill963258

Reaction score
So my best friend is borrowing a truck from someone it's a f550 and he wants to fight and argue with me whether it's an early 99 model or a 2000 model. I say it's an early 99 model because it doesn't have the badge on the side of the door it has the powerstroke v8 on the front corner of the fender. So who is right on the year model of the truck?

DieselDC

Reaction score
4/99 and after is late model (look at door jam)
130cc injectors
15 degree hpop
One GPR and no AIH
No cruise indicator light
Smaller intake plenums (L99-04 3” plenums)
*PSD on door is late model, close to grill early (not always true though)

Someone needs to pay for

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

Arisley

Reaction score
The later early '99 had the door emblem.

Actually, I thought the cutoff for early and late was sometime in December of '98.

If it has the fender emblem, it is absolutely an early 99. At least the fender is an early 99.

Early 99 also has a smaller turbo.

DieselDC

Reaction score
Lol so more than likely the emblem being near the grill means it's an early 99?

I didn’t want to throw in the extra tidbits b/c it would be confusing buttttt

*4/99 and after is late model (look at door jam)
-3/99 is cutoff for drive train differences and differs with 4/99

And @79jasper agreed I’ve answered this a few times. Search would be easier for the OP. Kinda like a few threads floating around right now about where to buy hydra and who tunes it best yada yada

Bud light time

—————signature—————

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I didn’t want to throw in the extra tidbits b/c it would be confusing buttttt

*4/99 and after is late model (look at door jam)
-3/99 is cutoff for drive train differences and differs with 4/99

And @79jasper agreed I’ve answered this a few times. Search would be easier for the OP. Kinda like a few threads floating around right now about where to buy hydra and who tunes it best yada yada

Bud light time

—————signature—————

I would do a search but my computer is my phone and my phone doesn't let me do the search very well

DieselDC

Reaction score
I would do a search but my computer is my phone and my phone doesn't let me do the search very well

I don’t mind that youre asking the same question someone asked last week. That’s why I chose to answer your question regardless. It rubs on some people thin when a simple question gets asked repeatedly and I understand that too.

You need a phone upgrade too along with gofastparts lol.

—————signature—————

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The later early '99 had the door emblem.

Actually, I thought the cutoff for early and late was sometime in December of '98.

If it has the fender emblem, it is absolutely an early 99. At least the fender is an early 99.

Early 99 also has a smaller turbo.
Cant say absolutely. My brothers boss had a 7.3 that he bought from the factory and it said Triton v8 on the front fender badge and it was a 2000 model. Yes, i said triton.. lmao

live life full throttle

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I don’t mind that youre asking the same question someone asked last week. That’s why I chose to answer your question regardless. It rubs on some people thin when a simple question gets asked repeatedly and I understand that too.

You need a phone upgrade too along with gofastparts lol.

—————signature—————

I kinda already knew just a confirmation so that I can gently rub it in his face and say I told you so LOL. I am working on the go fast parts but I dont want to get crazy because I don't like rolling so much coal that I black out the highway LOL. Plus I have to pay full coverage insurance on my truck because of a lien and I have to work on my Jeep so money is kinda tight. I'm doing these upgrades as I have the money and find good deals LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I kinda already knew just a confirmation so that I can gently rub it in his face and say I told you so LOL. I am working on the go fast parts but I dont want to get crazy because I don't like rolling so much coal that I black out the highway LOL. Plus I have to pay full coverage insurance on my truck because of a lien and I have to work on my Jeep so money is kinda tight. I'm doing these upgrades as I have the money and find good deals LOL
Tell tail sign on the motor is the innercooler spider. It is narrow where it comes off the spider and contours wider and longer like a megaphone. The late 99 and up are more symmetrical and doenst look as long. Just google it and click on images amd you might find pics of each. Also, there is a early 99 spider for sale in the classifieds so you will see what i mean that it looks like a megaphone sticking out of it.

live life full throttle

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Tell tail sign on the motor is the innercooler spider. It is narrow where it comes off the spider and contours wider and longer like a megaphone. The late 99 and up are more symmetrical and doenst look as long. Just google it and click on images amd you might find pics of each. Also, there is a early 99 spider for sale in the classifieds so you will see what i mean that it looks like a megaphone sticking out of it.

live life full throttle

Ok thanks I popped the hood on the truck yesterday and that's what the intake looked like

Latest posts

Members online