Let me see your pontoon boats hooked to your rig!

188slo50

Reaction score
Want to get a pontoon boat but curious to size wise how big the are compared to my crew cab(hoping the wife can pull it) let me see them hooked to your rig and what size it is!

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
My family used to have a Hurricane Fundeck which has a similar floor plan to a pontoon. It was a nice boat but was too shallow for the bay here. We sold it after it was damaged in the hurricane. Friend who sells pontoons keeps trying to get me to buy one, but I'm looking for a deep V or center console. You have a pic of your pontoon?

188slo50

Reaction score
My family used to have a Hurricane Fundeck which has a similar floor plan to a pontoon. It was a nice boat but was too shallow for the bay here. We sold it after it was damaged in the hurricane. Friend who sells pontoons keeps trying to get me to buy one, but I'm looking for a deep V or center console. You have a pic of your pontoon?

No boat for me but looking to get a 22', the wife and kids want one and being I'm only 10min from the lake figured it wouldn't be bad. Trying to get a comparison in size to the truck as the wife wants a yacht size boat for plenty of space to move around.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
My advice is if you want to get a 22' boat, get a 24'. Always go bigger! I know if I was going to buy another boat it would be 24' or larger because the bay is so rough. Pretty sure longer ones give you the option of having a grill on board so you can spend the whole day on the boat.

Jomax

Reaction score
Just picked this up. 28ft deck boat. Full Fiberglass hull. Needs a good cleaning.

Closest thing to a pontoon lol

6605d5184977e5365d405093bae4d4fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Nice. You gonna tag a fuel tender on behind that thing? I'm pretty sure it won't be dirty very long. I've heard that you know a good detail man.

Jomax

Reaction score
Nice. You gonna tag a fuel tender on behind that thing? I'm pretty sure it won't be dirty very long. I've heard that you know a good detail man.

Fuel tender?

I know a detail guy LOL.

Couldn't pass the deal. Paid 8k for the boat, guy had the interior Redone 2 years ago and paid $5,200

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
I figured with a 454 in a thing like that, you would need some extra fuel along for the ride. Sounds like a hell of a deal though.

Izzybird

Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but I'll offer some opinion if you want it. Get a Tri-toon with lifting strakes and under deck shields, vast improvement over my old base model pontoon. If you have the ability to weld aluminum you can take a cheap pontoon and upgrade it as far as you want. If your on a budget keep a eye out around the lakes and by the coast, some areas they are a dime a dozen.

188slo50

Reaction score
I don't have any pics, but I'll offer some opinion if you want it. Get a Tri-toon with lifting strakes and under deck shields, vast improvement over my old base model pontoon. If you have the ability to weld aluminum you can take a cheap pontoon and upgrade it as far as you want. If your on a budget keep a eye out around the lakes and by the coast, some areas they are a dime a dozen.

I have been told by others if your staying under 25' and not on a huge lake with a big motor that the center toon won't benefit you much. I will probably get something with good toons and motor than do my own layout on top. Depends if I can find the right deal. Since I'm some what close to lake it seems that no one owns a trailer and just keeps the boat at a slip

Izzybird

Reaction score
In my own experience, the TriToon blew doors on the pontoon in almost all instances. I agree with making your own layout if you have the means. The pontoon ended up being a completely open deck with just trim around the edges, no siding or anything. Only thing bolted down was a console for controls and storage across the back. Used a bunch of fake leather rolling office chairs for seating. Wouldn't recommend it with kids, but for partying and night fishing it was great. I got lucky and just picked up a TriToon with U shaped toons, full straking, underdeck shielding, and aluminum deck, that got in a fight with a hurricane. Just flipped it over and ruined everything on top of the deck, which is perfect cause I want it open anyway. I shouldn't have a lot in it when I'm done, already have a motor. There's definitely deals out there if you have a little time and desire to fix it up.

188slo50

Reaction score
That's basically what I'm looking for or a project that some got in to deep and can't figure out what to do next.

Jomax

Reaction score
I figured with a 454 in a thing like that, you would need some extra fuel along for the ride. Sounds like a hell of a deal though.

It's got a big tank, no idea on the size though. Ran it 2 hrs yesterday. Need to fill it up again to see how much fuel I used. I was practically WOT the whole time.

C2tuck

Reaction score
Just picked this up. 28ft deck boat. Full Fiberglass hull. Needs a good cleaning.

Closest thing to a pontoon lol

6605d5184977e5365d405093bae4d4fe.jpg

#priorities. Rims and tires are less than $8k...just sayin

Latest posts

Members online