P/S Reservoir
F7UZ-3A697-AB

Reservoir bracket
F7UZ-3490-AB

Billy T.
[email protected]

old man dave

Reaction score
Everything except the pump pulley can be found new at Tasca Ford Parts. You can go to the dealer's website or check for listings on ebay. Sometimes Tasca lists stuff on ebay that is obsolete and does not come up on the factory Ford parts catalog listings.

Google is a quick way to find whats out there.

Ebay has some of the stuff listed new or used including the pump pulley. It depends. Sometimes you can find a listing for a used pump that will have the correct pulley included. Currently there is a listing for a used engine bracket for $73.

The Dorman pulley listed for the van does not work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Ford-E-450-Brackets-F7TE-19E708-BA-/302348931572?hash=item46656691f4:g:XpgAAOSw0hlZFhPX&vxp=mtr

I got lucky and walked into a friend's shop where he had an engine from an ambulance conversion that had two A/C compressors cobbled onto it.:eek: So, you never know!

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Just a side note on going to Ford. Ford lists the same part number for the P/S pulley for a 97 F-Series (F250/350) and the E-Series. My truck is a very late 97 and it does not have the same pulley as the E-Series.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Optimator82

Reaction score
I was considering getting a remote power steering reservoir from Moroso when I do my power steering conversion. Looks like something I could make work with limited space for mounting. Very nice work there Peroni on the one you fabricated. I'd be another one that would jump in on a group buy for the one you fabricated if you decide to do that. I picked up the whole bracket with pump and pulley out of a 7.3 van awhile back so got the main parts needed already to make the conversion.

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 118

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Figures, I just find this mod. I gave my van bracket away a month or 2 ago because I figured I'd never need it for anything.

Anyone know if the 6.0 pulley that originally comes on the pump will work?

I don't know how many of the ps pumps/pulleys I have thrown away over the past 5 years. They always come on replacement 6.0 motors I buy and when I get a pile of them, I get sick of looking at them and they go in the metal dumpster.

Peroni

Reaction score
Just a side note on going to Ford. Ford lists the same part number for the P/S pulley for a 97 F-Series (F250/350) and the E-Series. My truck is a very late 97 and it does not have the same pulley as the E-Series.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Billy my truck is a late 97 too - left the truck plant on the last Friday of November of 97. The pulley on right in my first post is my original. It is identical in every way to the van pulley pictured on left except the bore is slightly larger. Sorry I didn't think to even measure them until after everything was installed.

DZLJIM the 6.0 pulley will not work. I did a lot of searching and reading on this topic and so far the only proven correct part is the van pulley.

If someone finds a pulley from another application and verifies that it indeed works please post it up.

Got4wd

Reaction score
I couldn't get a pulley to match up and I tried a lot of them. For someone that wants a nice reservoir for fairly cheap lee power steering in California has one that can be custom made for about 200-250 with a nice billet bracket. You can have your fittings put on where you want them also.

Funny I'm always watch eBay on brackets and pulleys. The last 2 brackets sold the same day you posted this. Lol

rusty1161

Reaction score
Everything except the pump pulley can be found new at Tasca Ford Parts. You can go to the dealer's website or check for listings on ebay. Sometimes Tasca lists stuff on ebay that is obsolete and does not come up on the factory Ford parts catalog listings.

Google is a quick way to find whats out there.

Ebay has some of the stuff listed new or used including the pump pulley. It depends. Sometimes you can find a listing for a used pump that will have the correct pulley included. Currently there is a listing for a used engine bracket for $73.

The Dorman pulley listed for the van does not work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Ford-E-450-Brackets-F7TE-19E708-BA-/302348931572?hash=item46656691f4:g:XpgAAOSw0hlZFhPX&vxp=mtr

I got lucky and walked into a friend's shop where he had an engine from an ambulance conversion that had two A/C compressors cobbled onto it.:eek: So, you never know!

Here is a listing for a rebuilt pump with pulley
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Steer...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I am going to try it and at least get the pulley in hand. If the pump doesn't work out, go with a Motorcraft.

Rusty

old man dave

Reaction score
Here is a listing for a rebuilt pump with pulley
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Steer...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I am going to try it and at least get the pulley in hand. If the pump doesn't work out, go with a Motorcraft.

Rusty

That pump with pulley in the application chart is for gas vans only. Rockauto says the Dorman pulley for the gas vans and for the later 6.0 pulleys are the same. And the gas/6.0 Dorman pulley is the wrong one for the 7.3 diesel vans. I have that pulley in hand and it is not the same as the 7.3 van pulley I have.

There are several other van pump/pulleys listed on ebay and they are all gas van applications.

Last edited:

rusty1161

Reaction score
That pump with pulley in the application chart is for gas vans only. Rockauto says the Dorman pulley for the gas vans and for the later 6.0 pulleys are the same. And the gas/6.0 Dorman pulley is the wrong one for the 7.3 diesel vans. I have that pulley in hand and it is not the same as the 7.3 van pulley I have.

There are several other van pump/pulleys listed on ebay and they are all gas van applications.

Great info! Thank you!

Rusty

Latest posts

Members online