Anybody used the wet okole seat covers?

chaselee

Reaction score
The padding is getting pretty bad on my driver's seat and the covers are getting pretty worn on the two front seats so I've been looking into getting them fixed.

To ad insult to injury.. I got in my truck this morning and something in the back rest broke. I can feel it protruding from the back. Have a buddy that told me that it's a horizontal brace that the tack welds break on.

Long story short while it's out getting fixed I want to get them covered and I hear the fabric isn't available anymore. So I'm looking at these wet okole covers.

Or would it be better to try to find some newer models seats, and what year models work?

Last edited:

CJunkie

Reaction score
I would look for sd seats or some other leather seats that you like. Don't have to be leather I guess. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Wet okole seat covers are pretty dang nice. I have a set on my jeep. They have been there for 7 years and still look good. They starting to show there age. However I never have the top up on the Jeep so it get lots of sunlight and stuff. Plus they have been through many mud rides and lots of wheeling trips. And I do not condition them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

chaselee

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Id love to find some seats out of an 08-10 along with the console. Problem I've seen is everyone thinks they are gold plated.

dboat

Reaction score
The padding is getting pretty bad on my driver's seat and the covers are getting pretty worn on the two front seats so I've been looking into getting them fixed.

To ad insult to injury.. I got in my truck this morning and something in the back rest broke. I can feel it protruding from the back. Have a buddy that told me that it's a horizontal brace that the tack welds break on.

Long story short while it's out getting fixed I want to get them covered and I hear the fabric isn't available anymore. So I'm looking at these wet okole covers.

Or would it be better to try to find some newer models seats, and what year models work?
I have 2 sets of them. One set in my 2002 F150 that look brand new. They have been in the truck about 15 years. I took them off and ran them through the washing machine. The seats underneath looked brand new. They are very comfy. I have another set on my Jeep Wrangler. They are great on it too. Those have faded a little due to being out in the sun a bit much.
Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

chaselee

Reaction score
I think to be budget minded in this, my best bet is going to be to get the padding redone and just do the seat covers.

Reaction score
I had Wet Okole seat covers in the 91, they were great and actually lasted better than the seat itself, the seat was breaking down but the covers were ok.

The only thing I could complain about was the truck smelling like hot rubber when it was closed up on a hot day. Could be rough on a 100 degree Central Valley day.

Latest posts

Members online