MiniMaxx Low Boost Fueling Programming Option

EskimoPie

Reaction score
Hey guys... I asked this question over on the ORG with no results.

Does anybody know the mechanics behind how the 1-5 setting you choose during MiniMaxx programming for low boost fueling? Does it take whatever is in the tune itself for fuel tables and scale the numbers (probably below a certain boost pressure) depending on what setting you choose?

I've got a 2015+ turbo on my 2012 truck, and Tyrant supposedly added some more low boost fueling to help compensate for the turbo lag in the 2015+ blower. I'm wondering how the 1-5 setting I choose when I download the tune affects that. I'm also getting a LOT more smoke at low boost levels when I get on it. Definitely into what I'd call the rolling coal territory. This is more severe in the hotter tunes, but even happens at the stock level tune. It always cleans up quickly and stays pretty clean at max boost levels, but I'm worried about attracting attention just cruising around town. If I roll into the throttle really slowly, I don't get any soot, but hitting it even remotely quickly leaves a decent cloud, even at the lower tunes. Right now I've got the Minimaxx low boost fueling set to 3. I'm wondering if I should drop it to 1, but that's why I'm asking for details on how it really affects the tune. Prior to swapping the turbo, I would only get this sort of smoke when set to the performance tune.

sootie

Reaction score
all it does is limit the pulsewidth under 15 psi boost.

If you are running a custom MCC tune, i always leave the tuner options on default as they will be set by the custom file. (think tire size & speed limiter)

That being said, I dont know if it will change anything or not. Certainly wouldn't hurt to try dropping it to 1 and see if its any different.