Go faster engaged

qzillanut

Reaction score
What part of the country are you in

SW Missouri near Springfield. Jerred from darkside sent me a couple more tunes for the trans. I only had one and that didn’t seem right. Anyway, the 2nd gear converter lock tune seems much better now that I have it. It seems to shift at very high rpm which I don’t like, but it shifts normal without all the retarded gear hunting.

qzillanut

Reaction score
To be completely honest this has been a bit of a horrible experience. And I don’t know who to blame. I’ll recap the whole story from my end. I message Mike from No Limit on the forum. Say I’m ready to buy. Mike quickly responds as always. We talk through options, and decide on the final package. He puts me in contact with Jeff to complete the order. I call my bank to raise the debit limit for the day. Yet Jeff doesn’t call until the next day. So when we try to finish, it won’t go through because my bank dropped the limit back down too low. So I have to call my bank again and it finally goes through. ��

When I receive everything, my SOTF switch is not there. When I install everything my tunes are not there. Luckily when I email Mike on a Saturday night he makes magic happen and I magically get tunes and personal support from Jeff. But I didn’t get all the tunes. Just a partial list.

So now several weeks have gone by trying to make my trans like this single tune and it doesn’t like it. I should have raised flags sooner and made more noise, but I was busy trying ford ids resets and relearning for another 100 miles of awful shifting and broken RZR’s from other personal ventures. And a wife and kids.

I don’t blame anyone for my hard time but myself, but not all mistakes were my own.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
To be completely honest this has been a bit of a horrible experience. And I don’t know who to blame. I’ll recap the whole story from my end. I message Mike from No Limit on the forum. Say I’m ready to buy. Mike quickly responds as always. We talk through options, and decide on the final package. He puts me in contact with Jeff to complete the order. I call my bank to raise the debit limit for the day. Yet Jeff doesn’t call until the next day. So when we try to finish, it won’t go through because my bank dropped the limit back down too low. So I have to call my bank again and it finally goes through. ��

When I receive everything, my SOTF switch is not there. When I install everything my tunes are not there. Luckily when I email Mike on a Saturday night he makes magic happen and I magically get tunes and personal support from Jeff. But I didn’t get all the tunes. Just a partial list.

So now several weeks have gone by trying to make my trans like this single tune and it doesn’t like it. I should have raised flags sooner and made more noise, but I was busy trying ford ids resets and relearning for another 100 miles of awful shifting and broken RZR’s from other personal ventures. And a wife and kids.

I don’t blame anyone for my hard time but myself, but not all mistakes were my own.

well you haven't reached out to me that i'm aware of, but i'm always here to help. sounds like a string of small things adding up. either way we can figure it out, it's not rocket science, i just need to be involved now. the raising your limit thing isn't our fault, but the switch issue for sure is, and we'll do whatever necessary to get it working properly. these trucks have a ton more options electonically to become issues, and they'rer quirky. i'll message you my cell # and you can contact me. sorry for the headache.

qzillanut

Reaction score
well you haven't reached out to me that i'm aware of, but i'm always here to help. sounds like a string of small things adding up. either way we can figure it out, it's not rocket science, i just need to be involved now. the raising your limit thing isn't our fault, but the switch issue for sure is, and we'll do whatever necessary to get it working properly. these trucks have a ton more options electonically to become issues, and they'rer quirky. i'll message you my cell # and you can contact me. sorry for the headache.

Mike I don’t know if you haven’t connected my email with my screen name but we’ve talked a lot and I will never bad mouth you. You have helped tons. Some of your employees messed up and it’s just a hiccup that was quickly corrected. My only issue at the moment is the 3-4 shift. I’ve been too busy with RL to go do another ids reset and argue with my dealer that it won’t help. They are persistent that it does nothing. The tuner is persistent that it is everything. The last time I paid the dealer 62.50 to do it.......it made it worse. And that’s where I’m at.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mike I don’t know if you haven’t connected my email with my screen name but we’ve talked a lot and I will never bad mouth you. You have helped tons. Some of your employees messed up and it’s just a hiccup that was quickly corrected. My only issue at the moment is the 3-4 shift. I’ve been too busy with RL to go do another ids reset and argue with my dealer that it won’t help. They are persistent that it does nothing. The tuner is persistent that it is everything. The last time I paid the dealer 62.50 to do it.......it made it worse. And that’s where I’m at.

ok we'll try something else? jeremiah ? if so email me again please, also need to refund you $62,50 .

qzillanut

Reaction score
ok we'll try something else? jeremiah ? if so email me again please, also need to refund you $62,50 .

Yes that’s me. But I don’t want a refund. I knew ******** would come at some cost. Continued support is all I ask.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I have Darkside trans tuning...Have you put the update in that was released 2 weeks ago?

qzillanut

Reaction score
I have Darkside trans tuning...Have you put the update in that was released 2 weeks ago?
it was about 2 weeks ago that darkside sent me 2 new tunes. Not sure if that’s what you are speaking of??? The second gear torque converter lock tune is what I’ve got loaded. It worked much better than the original tune they sent, but still felt like it would slip until the converter locked. Not sure the converter has ever locked in second like it was supposed to?? It never locks until fourth even in the second gear lock tune. I decided to drop the engine back to a 75 hp tune for now, and baby it for a while. I don’t see any reason to keep trashing on it in a high power tune with it not working 100%.

F

Floorboard79

What are you doing to "relearn"? I wasnt able to get mine right until i found the right route to take. Its spot on now - PPEI tune

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
it was about 2 weeks ago that darkside sent me 2 new tunes. Not sure if that’s what you are speaking of??? The second gear torque converter lock tune is what I’ve got loaded. It worked much better than the original tune they sent, but still felt like it would slip until the converter locked. Not sure the converter has ever locked in second like it was supposed to?? It never locks until fourth even in the second gear lock tune. I decided to drop the engine back to a 75 hp tune for now, and baby it for a while. I don’t see any reason to keep trashing on it in a high power tune with it not working 100%.

Mine feels really solid with the new tunes, same tunes you have. I keep the 200 HP tune in my truck all the time.

qzillanut

Reaction score
Mine feels really solid with the new tunes, same tunes you have. I keep the 200 HP tune in my truck all the time.
The new tune is night and day better in mine. Running the 75 hp tune I can’t get it to do anything that feels weird. With the 200 loaded, I think it was slipping the converter. I should have done a datalog, with it loaded, and tried to see for sure.

I am gonna stick with the 75hp tune for a while. I’m getting quite a bit better mileage with it. Everything seems perfect. When I’m honest with myself, I want this truck to get good mileage, be dependable, and last a long time. I use it to haul my RZR around so I can beat the hell out of it for fun.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The new tune is night and day better in mine. Running the 75 hp tune I can’t get it to do anything that feels weird. With the 200 loaded, I think it was slipping the converter. I should have done a datalog, with it loaded, and tried to see for sure.

I am gonna stick with the 75hp tune for a while. I’m getting quite a bit better mileage with it. Everything seems perfect. When I’m honest with myself, I want this truck to get good mileage, be dependable, and last a long time. I use it to haul my RZR around so I can beat the hell out of it for fun.

That is a great approach to have. I put my truck into a full blown guardian mode one time, it just rolled for about 5 seconds than banged back into gear. This was before trans tuning.

Latest posts

Members online