Head resurfacing

Reaction score
What are you guys paying to get heads resurfaced and all work needed for headgaskets. Just looking for an average before I go out to find a machinist

Zmann

Reaction score
how many miles on the heads ?
if they are not off the truck and/or have not been inspected yet you better budget for the worst case and then you will be safe IMO

samgoto96

Reaction score
$650 to $1,300, done correctly with valve job, corrected height and on the high end is if it needs valve stem job also.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Corys6.0

Reaction score
$650 to $1,300, done correctly with valve job, corrected height and on the high end is if it needs valve stem job also.

How important or needed is a valve job? The quote I got to have my truck done it says pressure tested and machined flat. As far as I know my truck is bonestock 140k miles and healthy. 2004 BTW.

samgoto96

Reaction score
How important or needed is a valve job? The quote I got to have my truck done it says pressure tested and machined flat. As far as I know my truck is bonestock 140k miles and healthy. 2004 BTW.
Very important in my opinion. Almost every head has to get 6+ thousandths shaved off of it and that just puts your valves that much closer to your Pistons without the proper valve job.

Reaction score
Now tell me the difference here. Just called a local shop and they get 320.00 for magnaflux, clean, valve job, and resurfacing. And then I called ucf and they get 1950.00

cbf9703

Reaction score
Now tell me the difference here. Just called a local shop and they get 320.00 for magnaflux, clean, valve job, and resurfacing. And then I called ucf and they get 1950.00
Don't know the shops or the situation, but there are some machine shops around me that I'll never use again regardless of how cheap something is. I'll pay more for quality work.... I've seen too many heads, blocks, cranks come back with issues or have to be sent back out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online