Sled pull time

LMPirate

Reaction score
1600 wow. How hot can these trucks get before stuff starts letting go? Or is the 30-45 seconds that it's that hot not too big of a deal?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
1600 wow. How hot can these trucks get before stuff starts letting go? Or is the 30-45 seconds that it's that hot not too big of a deal?
Stock turbo doesn't move enough air it got hot. Id say 15-20 seconds max on a pull youd be fine. 30 seconds for a pull is a long time

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Don't worry about silly things like that. Just hold it to the floor till the red flag is waved.

LMPirate

Reaction score
Thanks for that advise. Never pulled before and kind looking forward to it. Didn't know what to expect as far as what these motors can take temp wise, and really don't want to brake anything

joe d

Reaction score
Thanks for that advise. Never pulled before and kind looking forward to it. Didn't know what to expect as far as what these motors can take temp wise, and really don't want to brake anything

Then dont pull... If your allways thinking about breaking it then it wont be any fun...

50_shooter

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the engine. They can take a lot of abuse even at the 650+HP level. Pulling is hard on the drive train.

LMPirate

Reaction score
Oh I know stuff can brake. I've owned race cars and been around dirt track racing for years. Just kinda new to the diesel side, so I'm still a little green to what the 6.7 can do or what they can take.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Here's my pull from last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dalw1zh1fUw
Got 3rd, w/in 2' of a full pull.
Low, 3rd, airbags @ max, front end strapped, everything else turned off (no bars)
Eased into it too much though, probably cost me the win, bet I wasn't wot for 50'.
Want the 65.5 in there w/ bars and do it again.

One thing the guys there told me was to weld the rear end, all there are is spot welds holding the pumpkin from rotating and these shear pretty easily, particularly when you have bars restraining everything else.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I couldnt keep mine in low 3rd. Wanted to shift itself, in manual. 4 hi 1st is the only gear that would stay put for me. Shifter pulled all the way down, didn't mess with the buttons. I'd say that if it has the power to redline 3rd it will shift, even in manual...

Latest posts

Members online