Accidental use of synthetic oil

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I may have missed it. But if your truck is still stock then run whatever good oil you want and change every 8k miles. A d e l e t ed truck is a whole nother story. If you seen the e g r pipes on a new truck at 10,000 miles it would more than likely make you sick!

Please elaborate what the difference between a stock truck and d e l e t e d one.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Notneb

Reaction score
Please elaborate what the difference between a stock truck and d e l e t e d one.

Billy T.
[email protected]

EGR on a stock truck puts soot into the intake, stock CCV puts oil into the intake, low viscosity oil = more blow by on rings = more oily soot to cake up your intercooler and stock EGR valve.

A d3leted truck no longer has the EGR so no more soot. But unless you do a CCV mod, you're still putting oil in the intake system.

Only reason I can think of to keep stock oil weight in a stock truck, and not deviate?

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Don't take this as a bash on notNeb... just brainstorming... and for what its worth regarding the oil.. just put some oil in it!! lol (for the op)

How did you verify vacuum on a positive pressure downpipe?

There are many elements missing in the downpipe to create a TRUE Venturi effect. Look up bernoullis prinicple.

Im only assuming you did not modify the downpipe to create the produce whats referred to as bernoullis principle!

Anyways if you were able to create a vacuum with a simple pipe cut at an angle and stuck into the pipe then you defeated physics!! There is always a chance that Im wrong also! LOL.

Only reason I say this is because I tried this unknowingly somewhere around the year 2002 on a 7.3L and it was not successful. The only way to make it work was to run it to the end of the exhaust pipe where you get somewhat of a pressure change when exiting to atmosphere.

Always open to something new as I am NOT a physicist!

To create a true Venturi you have to have a build up of pressure then a release over an "orifice" or "necked down" area. I did a bunch of studying on this like 8 years ago!... So its rusty remembrance at best!
Oh this guy... Busting out the fluid mechanics and all... lol jk

Sent from my NXA8QC116 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My 2015 F-550 can and chassis service truck came with 10W30 from the factory. I use the CAT 10W30 and Donaldson filters. Service it every 7,500 because that's what they make us do. All good oil samples with CAT SOS.

Latest posts

Members online