WHICH TUNER TO RUN???

HuntTx777

Reaction score
First off I am new to this forum, but not entirely new to the diesel world. I have been lurking in the shadows for a few days now and let me just say I'm having one hell of a time trying to figure out all these damn *** so please bare with me!!

I'm currently in a 2013 and its that time! My previous truck was a 6.4 bad mother f*****. But it's been three years now since I left her. I have no idea how to list my previous mods with out just coming out an saying it I'll leave it at that. Question of the day is what tuner do I buy?? Coming from H&S in the past I don't know which way to go. Leaning towards N Gauge now but I really need to hear pros and cons..

Thanks in advance for any help!

HuntTx777

Reaction score
My biggest concern with the H&S now would be lack of tech support and updating software? Also have seen some guys saying there are knock offs out there, think that is something I need to be concerned about..

Reaction score
Contact Bigrpower in here. He can get you set up with whatever option you'd like, including H&S. Or just call him. No Limit Fabrication. Ask for Mike.

HuntTx777

Reaction score
So it would seem I shouldn't be worried going with H&S.. I'm not looking for crazy power from what I have read my 6.7 is not going to touch what my 6.4 was capable of :/ I never ran custom tunes in the past Hot Damn tune was pretty much my every day driver. Is it safe to assume I could order the tuner "pre tuned" or will I have to supply additional info? I would like the process to be pretty strait forward. Order plug and play, mods will be the basic necessities.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Give us a call. We can get you set up quickly and easily , answer all your questions , and get you the best prices !

sootie

Reaction score
H&S is nothing to be scared of. Buy from a reputable vendor on this site and you wont have issues. x2 on being able to run multiple vendors MCC tunes as well as have safety defuel options and shift on the fly. No you wont have to supply any info unless you want the MCC unlock then those codes are VIN specific.

HuntTx777

Reaction score
On my 6.4 one thing I never cared for was the shifting, I was just under the assumption that the ******* caned tunes may be g2g out of the box.

Notneb

Reaction score
If H&S worked for '15 I'd be using it right now, MCC was just too damn handy on my '12!!!

ckrueg

Reaction score
If H&S worked for '15 I'd be using it right now, MCC was just too damn handy on my '12!!!
I don't know what I'm gonna do without MCC after I get a truck that's not supported lol. Love being able to tweak things.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
I don't know what I'm gonna do without MCC after I get a truck that's not supported lol. Love being able to tweak things.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Right?! So mad that the EPA killed off such a great great thing...

jwanck11

Reaction score
First off I am new to this forum, but not entirely new to the diesel world. I have been lurking in the shadows for a few days now and let me just say I'm having one hell of a time trying to figure out all these damn *** so please bare with me!!

I'm currently in a 2013 and its that time! My previous truck was a 6.4 bad mother f*****. But it's been three years now since I left her. I have no idea how to list my previous mods with out just coming out an saying it I'll leave it at that. Question of the day is what tuner do I buy?? Coming from H&S in the past I don't know which way to go. Leaning towards N Gauge now but I really need to hear pros and cons..

Thanks in advance for any help!

It depends on what you are looking for. You can buy an ngauge and be stuck with a single tuner or you can purchase an SCT device and have access to at least two tuner's tunes.

I have run the two popular tuner's tunes for the SCT platform and I do not have reason to spend more money for more tunes on a basically modded truck... My truck runs extremely well on either P i P and Alberta Speed tunes. There is no smoke to speak of, the shifting is spot on whether in city and highway driving and my mpg is very acceptable. Mine is a DD truck and has 34K miles over 1.5 years of ownership.

You can spend the extra money if you wish, but the likelihood of having an actual difference is essentially non-existent.

The only difference of significance I have read about is SOTF, and while I can imagine this would be very nice for those who haul and tow heavy very regularly, it has no practical use for me.

good luck!

Reaction score
Whatever tuning device you buy I would still have a customer "tuner" program the truck for how you drive. I drove mine with out of box tuning for a year or so and wow is it different when changed. You can definitely tell a difference.
FWIW I have a mini.maxx and have had morgan at midwest and Gear.head both. Very happy with both

jcain

Reaction score
Morgan @ Midwest tunes on the h&s platform. He'll dial it in however your little heart desires.

Latest posts

Members online