Spar<->tan's 2015 Build

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
All the hardware has arrived for the build we are doing to my personal 2015 350. This will be used as a guinea pig for our further tuning development for the 6.7 applications. I'm pretty excited about this, as we are going to explore some new directions with this build long-term and bring some tuning to market that will make the performance hardware more practical.

This engine and trans combo is going in a F350 Crew Cab, SRW Short Bed. 2.5 Icon lift and 4-link, and PMF traction bars, on 35" Toyo AT2's. Otherwise stock hardware, with the exception of a River City Diesel upper intake and charge air tube. Engine and parts are at the machine shop now, and we are hoping to have it in the truck and running by the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.

I'll also give a big thanks to River City Diesel and Midwest for getting our parts here so quickly.

Engine hardware is as follows:
Carrillo Rods
RCD-spec Diamond Pistons, wristpins and ring kit, stock bore
Balanced assembly with OEM crankshaft
RCD Camshaft
RCD Valvesprings and retainers
RCD Pushrods
RCD +60% injectors (to be swapped to +100% later in development)
H&S Dual Fuelers
RCD Ported Cylinder Heads
ARP Head and Main Studs

Transmission is a competition unit from Morgan at Midwest, with Midwest's high stall converter, and the turbocharger being installed with the engine is a Barder 66/70.

While our goal long-term is to create some monster power with this, our more immediate goal is tuning development for the hard parts combos. With airflow enhancements such as the ported heads and RCD's cam, my main task is going to be focused on making the 66/70 charger drive and spool like stock. An 750-800HP combo that is mild mannered and practically useful is a real winner in my book.

Once development is done with the Barder, we will move on to RCD's new Non-VGT kit that they have in development, and the HSM SXE369 kit to build calibrations optimal for those combos.

Long term, I'll be switching to 100% over nozzles, a 10mm CP3 secondary and large compounds from RCD to see what we can really do with it, balls-out.

ny8eab.jpg

2cibsbs.jpg

2ajxqp4.jpg

24wvjo3.jpg

xlvwv7.jpg

1497a6e.jpg

21m9h1s.jpg

Last edited:

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Yes yes and yes

Excited for this thread

:thumbsup:

I'm excited for the build. We've made huge in-roads with tuning in the 6.7 world recently, especially on the later models. Moving on to "heavier" hardware mods and tuning development for them seems to be the natural transgression for Spar*tan at this point. I'm guilty of not doing enough of it in the past, so its time to fix that!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dam! this is gonna get exciting!! looking forward to it!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

uga33

Reaction score
This is good to see. I'm ready to see a Sp@rtan sponsored pull truck show up at some events around the southeast:poke:

Latest posts