Using minimax on 2015 for tpms

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I've read you can plug a minimax into a 2015-16 to strictly turn off tpms?

It's currently tuned to my 11.... can I simply stick it on the 15 to just turn the tpms off without any ramifications????

Surely someone has tried this here....

Thanks.

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've read you can plug a minimax into a 2015-16 to strictly turn off tpms?

It's currently tuned to my 11.... can I simply stick it on the 15 to just turn the tpms off without any ramifications????

Surely someone has tried thiseveral here....

Thanks.

it wont communicate, i dont think its possible.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Im.hearing what you guys are saying tho.... not everything on the Internet is true!!

78f100

Reaction score
When I tried none of the buttons worked it just said aquiring communication, I couldn't get it to leave that screen. If it works for let me know.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Well. I'm slightly afraid of messing up the tuner or crashing the firmware. Did you just unplug it and it worked fine on the correct vehicle after trying that?

I'm a bit sensitive with firmware devices being I deal with Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley)... one slight boo-boo and you've locked up a plc or panel view and hours of reflashing are needed!

I didn't used to be the "scared".... LOL

78f100

Reaction score
The one I tried was new, I thought something was wrong with it so I tried another new one, then figured out they will not communicate with a 15 pcm at all. I had bought 10 of them thinking they would do a 15 also, I was not happy that day but it was my own fault, since then I have sold all them and ordered more a few times.

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
The one I tried was new, I thought something was wrong with it so I tried another new one, then figured out they will not communicate with a 15 pcm at all.

Well.. I believe yall. I figured if anyone had done it... I could find it done here!

sootie

Reaction score
I did forcefed6.4's 2015 the other day. I used the mini maxx I have installed on my 2012 and just plugged it into his obd port and it went to the standard gauges screen. I then just hit menu and went to tpms and turned it off! Bear in mind, my tuner is an original race tuner-not sure if that matters.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I did forcefed6.4's 2015 the other day. I used the mini maxx I have installed on my 2012 and just plugged it into his obd port and it went to the standard gauges screen. I then just hit menu and went to tpms and turned it off! Bear in mind, my tuner is an original race tuner-not sure if that matters.

Thanks. I will try it tonight. Mine is also an original race tuner.... before the troubles.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
lol @ "the troubles"

it has to be loaded to an 11-14

you can't do anything with it if it's not loaded to anything

CATDiezel

Reaction score
lol @ "the troubles"

it has to be loaded to an 11-14

you can't do anything with it if it's not loaded to anything

Makes me think of an old song.... nobodyyyyy knowwwws the troubles I seeee....

Anyways. Yeah it's still loaded on my 11.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I tried to shut the tpms off on a 2015 with no luck. It was stuck in the trying to communicate stage. The tuner was originally on my 2010 that I returned to stock before I tried on the 15. This was the old race tuner minimax.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I tried to shut the tpms off on a 2015 with no luck. It was stuck in the trying to communicate stage. The tuner was originally on my 2010 that I returned to stock before I tried on the 15. This was the old race tuner minimax.

Yeah, that won't work. The tuner has to be installed on an 11-14, then it will work on the TPMS on your 15. It can then be unloaded from the 11-14 truck.

I keep an XRT PRO loaded to a buddy's 11 for this very reason

Latest posts

Members online