Thinking about a '15

560puller

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a new truck. Have a 6.0 now and tow 12 to 15k regular with it. How will a 15 stock compare to a 6.0 tuned towing? Using gearhead heavy tow tunes now. Stock injectors and turbo. I have zero egt issues with this setup just want a new truck and really like the looks of the new ones. Would like to leave it stock for awhile and just drive it. Thanks for any info.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
I drove a 15' 6.7 last weekend and I fell in love with it. While I really like my 6.4 and like playing with it, a 15' or 16' 6.7 is in my sights as a DD and tow rig in the near future. 6.4 will be for play only. I say do it and enjoy it!

ftast350

Reaction score
The 15 is amazingly quiet and smooth riding. Pulls my 7600 lb trailer with absolute ease. Great interior and technology packed in these rigs!

Radioflyer

Reaction score
The 15 is amazingly quiet and smooth riding. Pulls my 7600 lb trailer with absolute ease. Great interior and technology packed in these rigs!

This!!^ Ford has come a long way's with their interior and ergonomics IMO.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
15's are nice trucks. If I had the money right now, i'd have one in my driveway.

Mr.BigOil

Reaction score
Love it! Pulled my 41 ft Weekend Warrior this week. Pulls very nice. Mileage sucked, but I was averaging 75 mph. :doh:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
the Kentucky plant has the body shop being redone , so that would lead some to assume it's because it's getting ready to work in aluminum. that's just what the plant manager told me, but what would he know.

Reaction score
the Kentucky plant has the body shop being redone , so that would lead some to assume it's because it's getting ready to work in aluminum. that's just what the plant manager told me, but what would he know.

Then it may be possible for 2016. I had just heard the ramp up will not happen until late next year for an early release of 2017 models. If they are doing it for 2016 models they will have to start producing them by February-March to be in for the normal production dates. I'd love for it to be on a 2016. I guess we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

560puller

Reaction score
Checked a few out yesterday at the dealer I used to wrench at. Guess its time to see what the market is to sell the 6.0. The aluminum would be nice but I don't really want to wait.

Latest posts

Members online