7.3 Honey Badger JR HPOP's now shipping

Bean

Reaction score
Dyno Proven (formally No Limit Tuning) Has now got the Honey Badger Jr's in full production. Beans Diesel is now the stocking WD for the Honey Badger line of Pumps. The HB SR will be along in the next couple months but the JR has shown to handle up to 250cc injectors very well.

How does it compare to other pumps?

All the HB's are rebuilt with new piston return springs, highest quality ball bearings on both side of the shaft (no bushings like are used on many pumps including factory).
Extensive porting done to maximize pump flow and output volume.
All O-ring Boss fittings have been increased in size to prevent thread failure or stripped threads.

How much does it increase flow?

We are working on getting a solid # for this to show increase over a stock pump. We do know it will easily maintain pressure at a low DC with injectors up to 250cc. It has also been tested with 300cc injectors and with the right tuning will also hold 2800psi.

What does tuning have to do with pump flow?

Tuning does not effect pump flow. What it does effect is injector on time which effect rail pressure. We have found that there is a very fine line with INJ pulse width and if you cross that line you may go from 2600psi to 1300 psi. When I mean fine line I do mean fine, talking in the 100 micro second range. So say if that fine line is at 3.5 Milli seconds and your current tuning calls for 4+ (some older tuning is 6+ms) then you could still see pressure drops. Of course there is always more to it with injector size etc.

What is the warranty?

All HB pumps come with a 2 year Unlimited Mileage Warranty.

What if my pump goes bad?

We will always keep pumps on hand to fill any warranty issues. I know with some aftermarket pumps in the past if it goes bad you may have to wait weeks to get a replacement pump. Once you have diagnosed that it is a pump issue we will send one out that day.

What other options are there with the pump?

Right off the bat we will include a free billet HPOP bolt cover wit the pump. Other options that will be available are keyed shaft and gear and replacement High pressure hoses. We will continue to further with more options in the future.

When and where can I get one?

Beans Diesel of course!

Can My company become a HB dealer?

Yes they can! If you would like to become a dealer please email [email protected] for further details.

Our biggest thing with these pumps is to always have stock. That may not always work out but Dyno Proven has been very aggressive with buying up cores to insure that we can meet high demands and always have stock with no back orders.

Borncountryboy

Reaction score
Honey Badger Jr. for $800....T500 can support up to 250's and Adrenaline is advertised to support 285's (without any tuning caveat's) for much less coin and a proven track record. I'm curious what the $ and size injector the SR. will be....for now it looks T500/Adrenaline for up to 250/285 injectors and SRP1.1 for 300's.....am I missing something here? I've actually got a stock truck that I'm putting a build plan together for now, so I will likely be needing an HPOP and have been researching my options.

Bean

Reaction score
Honey Badger Jr. for $800....T500 can support up to 250's and Adrenaline is advertised to support 285's (without any tuning caveat's) for much less coin and a proven track record. I'm curious what the $ and size injector the SR. will be....for now it looks T500/Adrenaline for up to 250/285 injectors and SRP1.1 for 300's.....am I missing something here? I've actually got a stock truck that I'm putting a build plan together for now, so I will likely be needing an HPOP and have been researching my options.

The HB will do everything those 2 pumps will do and more. We just dont like to stretch the advertising. We have a HB JR running a set of 300's right now and holding great pressure, but I would rather advertise it as 250 because 300 is on the edge. I would rather have someone running 3000psi at 40% DC then 2500psi at 80%. Both are working, I could advertise that 2500 as it working ok but I dont believe in it to be optimum.

We do more internal porting, use a ball bearing instead of a bushing at the back (added cost), and we enlarge all the outlet fittings to prevent thread strip or blow outs. All of those things add cost.

The T500 is a fine pump but availability can also be an issue. I might be wrong but I think you have to send a pump in to be modified. SRP 1.1's are also very hard to get.

co04cobra

Reaction score

Without starting a pissing match. Have you ever ran or datalogged either of the other 2 pumps?

Borncountryboy

Reaction score
I haven't seen any data to show me that HB Jr. does better than the T500and Adrenaline....have you guys?.....until I do then I couldn't justify paying hundreds more for it even though it looks pretty. I'm thinking the Badger (Sr.) is supposed to be comparable to SRP1.1...the Jr.'s not too far off from the price of the SRP1.1 right now as it is. Remember the Badger is the new kid on the block - it's the one that need to demonstrate it's worth the hundreds more...I'll be the first one to say it's the best thing since sliced bread and worth every penny when I see the data to indicate such....I have no dog's in this hunt.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I haven't seen any data to show me that HB Jr. does better than the T500and Adrenaline....have you guys?.....until I do then I couldn't justify paying hundreds more for it even though it looks pretty. I'm thinking the Badger (Sr.) is supposed to be comparable to SRP1.1...the Jr.'s not too far off from the price of the SRP1.1 right now as it is. Remember the Badger is the new kid on the block - it's the one that need to demonstrate it's worth the hundreds more...I'll be the first one to say it's the best thing since sliced bread and worth every penny when I see the data to indicate such....I have no dog's in this hunt.

Only thing I can think of is your some kind of troll... 3 sites today with your user name, all registering within the last month and all saying the same thing...

Hummmmm

co04cobra

Reaction score

Search a little bit. Ive posted up numbers for HBJ, adr, t-500, gen 3, etc... with 238s and other injectors.

Bean

Reaction score
The HBJR is about 115.00 more then an adrenaline. If you understood the the total difference in parts, machine work and inclusions its a better deal. For instance, just price the two outlet fittings from Ford on the pump. Adr does not come with new ones so if you reuse your old ones maybe they wont leak maybe they will. The HB not only comes with new ones but they are increased in size so they dont blow the threads out or get stripped out. This is just one example.

thuglike

Reaction score
Guys, the HB Jr. is priced right where it should be considering what you get when compared to the others.

First ..the 499.00 T 500 is a step below the HB Jr. it is an apples to orange comparison.

Second... the AD pump is 689.00 (for the SD to 750.00 (anti drain back).

Third....The SRP 1.1 is 100.00 more at 899.00

If you want something that will run anything.. the stage 1 Stealth is 1699.00 our Sr. won't cost that much.

If your looking at all pumps and know what your looking at the value in the HB Jr. is there. Tiny details like spirolox snap rings and vitron high temp o-rings seperate our product...In our Opinion

Want real value??? OK!! how about this pump being the last pump you will ever have to buy. You just upgraded injectors?? No problem!!!, send your pump back to Beans and get the upgrade to the SR and get it sent back.

NO MORE CORES NEEDED
NO MORE CORE CHARGES incurred

Last edited:

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Search a little bit. Ive posted up numbers for HBJ, adr, t-500, gen 3, etc... with 238s and other injectors.

Can you post a link to those threads. I've been searching for numbers but haven't found any. I'm dragging my feet on an hpop decision cause I've been waiting to see how the HBJ compares.

Jeremy@dynoproven

Reaction score
Can you post a link to those threads. I've been searching for numbers but haven't found any. I'm dragging my feet on an hpop decision cause I've been waiting to see how the HBJ compares.

This was also posted by Jason on Tuesday..

"Some notes from Jonathan........

300/200 P.I.S. injectors

Honey Badger Jr. pump

Jonathan tuning (PW was set to 3ms)

Calling for 3000 psi at wot..

Pump help 3000 psi at 55% dc

Truck did 588 on the dyno

Next.........

Upped the PW to 3.4ms

Called for 3000 psi at wot

Pump held 2850 psi at 58% dc

truck did 596

next...............

upped PW to 4ms

called for 3000psi at wot

pump went to 3000 psi then fell off the table to around 1800 (then again, every medium oil pump we tested did this)"

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Thanks Jeremy. I did see that post. Just ordered my pump yesterday from Jason. Can't wait to try it out.

cory99

Reaction score
Question on warranty, what happened to the lifetime warranty they offered originally? Is the two year warranty only when running their tunes?

thuglike

Reaction score
No..we will honor the lifetime warranty with anyone tunes.

We have customers right now running on Swamps,TW, Gearhead, PHP and Power Struck.

NO ISSUE WILL BE TURNED AWAY DUE TO THE TUNES YOU DECIDE ON !!!!!!!!

We TOTALLY back our Distributor (Beans Diesel) so he can totally back you!!!!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
There is one question I have to ask though.............

Why is it called the Honey Badger?

Did a you tube video give you an idea?