About time for new shoes

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Idk what i want, what does everyone think of the fuel tire line up. I'm running toyo RTs now and they have done me well. They lasted longer than I expected wore good and for the most part rode well. I always had a shake in the rear after puttin RTs on but not sure if its directly related. Are there any highway tires out there up in a 37"? Wouldnt mind something less agressive

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Toyo RT's haven't been the easiest to get ride balanced in my area. Machine says they are good, but the roads just seem to make them shake a bit more. Not only in my local area but in other areas the roads just didn't agree with them. I'd say RTs need a tad bit of breaking in and regular balancing.

Nitto EXO, Terra G2, Ridge Grappler are in a 37"(-ish) flavor.

Xxlr8

Reaction score
My Boss had set of 40” Fuel Tires on his truck and the truck shook so bad it wasn’t fun to drive. Tried road force balancing them with not Luck. He went Toyo MTs next and the truck rides great now. I’ve never meet anyone that hasn’t had good luck with the ride quality of Toyos or Nittos (same company).

Swaan

Reaction score
Wierd , you get mixed reviews. I heard both sides. The R/Ts are hard to balance and some guys dont like them and other people think there great. Man o man hard to decide, I need tires on my 16 f350 and dont know what to get.

Glassman504

Reaction score
I’ve owned all of them including dune grapplers. I’ve had rt’s on 2 trucks and they were hard to balance and were terrible in rainy weather they threw you all over the road. Best Toyo is a mt IMO. I have ridge grappler on my 17 and love them they aren’t loud, pull good in the mud and handle wet roads great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
Everybody always seems to loves the toyo M/T for sure, the go to tire and has been for long time. Dont hear many complaints with the A/T also. Mmmmmmm
I wish Mickey tompson still made the original ATZs . I buy those again . Mmmmmmm decisions

treatcg

Reaction score
Toyo RT's haven't been the easiest to get ride balanced in my area. Machine says they are good, but the roads just seem to make them shake a bit more. Not only in my local area but in other areas the roads just didn't agree with them. I'd say RTs need a tad bit of breaking in and regular balancing.

Nitto EXO, Terra G2, Ridge Grappler are in a 37"(-ish) flavor.

Same issue with my BFG KO2s. Machine says balanced but they vibrate around 75-80. My Toyo AT2s with 57k on them road better. Pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
my bfg k02 were terrible on my heavy truck. I ruined two tires in 2k miles. went out of round. they sounded like running over leaves on normal asphalt. weird sound being squished i guess

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
I was told that those ridge grapplers won't last long on our heavy trucks.guy said expect 10-15k miles. I like the look, but if I change them every time I change my oil that could get expensive

JMart

Reaction score
I was told that those ridge grapplers won't last long on our heavy trucks.guy said expect 10-15k miles. I like the look, but if I change them every time I change my oil that could get expensive

I find that hard to believe. I put a hard 20k on a set of Mud Grapplers and they probably had at least another 6-9k on them. I would never buy again or recommend mud grapplers, but if they can go 25-30k I would think the ridge could go further. The muds are a softer compound. They were the loudest tire I ever ran.

I am running General Grabber X3's right now in a 36ish height. The have a bad vibration around 75 to 85 but smooth out fine at 90:fustrate:. This is with about 25k miles on them. They are about half worn out too.

Latest posts

Members online