Emissions testing in CO

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Who has experience with emissions testing in CO, my folks are moving out there here in a couple months, truck is an 08 F450 that has been ******d, unsure on who's tune but is (bought it ******d) its likely canned H&S tunes because it came with an H&S XRT, will it pass as is?

Going to move to Pine, CO in Jefferson county

Thanks all

F250sd

Reaction score
No, jeffco has full emissions they'd have to return to stock to pass emissions. Park county the next county over has no emissions not that that's paticularly helpful but that's where they'd have to register to get past emissions as the truck sits.

08REDSLED

Reaction score
Perhaps a PO Box in Park county? that was mentioned on FB, otherwise i guess it will remain a KS truck, anybody have any idea if CO or KS is more expensive to register? i know counties can vary quite a bit

dmd

Reaction score
I have seem some states (CA) cruse parking lots (work places mostly) and note out
of state plates. If they go over 90-days non-local registered they ticket you.

Now if they have two places and claim residence (pay taxes) in KS I would think that
they could say that is their home.. If they pay CO taxes I doubt they can claim that.

I would think they would have closed that PO-Box way to avoid emissions. They usualy
ask for physical address if using a PO Box.

Good luck with it all. I got pulled over in NE and CA for my straight pipe but they really
couldn't do anything as it is legal in TX.

hawker25

Reaction score
PO box wont work. I live in Jeffco and get tested here. For an emissions test it is one of the friendlier there is. Its a visual inspection and a smoke opacity test. Nothing plugs in to look for tuning. If it is obvious you are missing emissions pieces you will fail though. The EPA has been out and cracking down on places in the last year that test.

08REDSLED

Reaction score
ok thanks for the input fellas, if they do visual inspections its obvious there is no *** and no EGR coolers..however it will not be a daily driver, its will sit at their house 99% of the time

Latest posts

Members online