Why would a 17-19 sound different than a 15-16?

95cobby

Reaction score
I noticed quite the difference in exhaust sounds going from my delettdd 16 to the 19 and not quite sure why.. stock turbo, 5", intake, etc.. only thing that would be different is the tune. While the 16 rumbled at idle it turned to a hiss immediately after touching the gas pedal and while driving.. the 19 does not change to a hiss after giving it gas and driving.. appears to rumble all the time and is quite louder in cab. Any of ya'lls 17-19s like that?

ckrueg

Reaction score
I noticed quite the difference in exhaust sounds going from my delettdd 16 to the 19 and not quite sure why.. stock turbo, 5", intake, etc.. only thing that would be different is the tune. While the 16 rumbled at idle it turned to a hiss immediately after touching the gas pedal and while driving.. the 19 does not change to a hiss after giving it gas and driving.. appears to rumble all the time and is quite louder in cab. Any of ya'lls 17-19s like that?
The vgt position will make a big difference in sound. Tune differences can account for this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

95cobby

Reaction score
The vgt position will make a big difference in sound. Tune differences can account for this

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yea.. reminds me of a convo we had way back about the veins being open at idle and most everyone was hesitant about it.. now they seem to be open much more often which threw me off.

Also, highway cruising boost pressure is only about 3psi which is also different from the 16' being at 7-10psi.

Just trying to see how everyone else's is reacting.