useful 15 tuning/delete info

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Been waiting on tuning&delete info on 15's and its finally out but still nothing tangible to read,so if your in the same boat as me&wanting useful info or have knowledge about the tuning perimeters&advantages,or have already uploaded a tune&or deleted your 15 come on in all others can go to the threads already containing useless info thx.

ftast350

Reaction score
No just trying to filter out the useless conversations that don't involve the tuning. But I can see its going to still happen...

Reaction score
Well, I'm going flat out say it. We spent all night till 1am on the dyno with my 2015 Monday. We tried several different tunes. All I have to say is that there are issues. They are working on them. But there is problems. Seems that different trucks have different issues too.

What I will say is the tow tune we finally worked out I am running now works very well. And makes about 50 rwhp over stock. Shifts are much crisper and faster. Unfortunately like I had before with the first delete tunes earlier this year, still no working exhaust brake.

Not saying not to buy any. Just relaying firsthand experience. I'm sure in the next few weeks all the bugs will be fully worked out.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I guess I've been lucky with custom tuning lol *knock on wood*

From what I have been told, SCT doesn't have all the base files down yet which leaves gaps in certain areas for the custom tuners. I agree though, everything will be ironed out soon enough.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, I'm going flat out say it. We spent all night till 1am on the dyno with my 2015 Monday. We tried several different tunes. All I have to say is that there are issues. They are working on them. But there is problems. Seems that different trucks have different issues too.

What I will say is the tow tune we finally worked out I am running now works very well. And makes about 50 rwhp over stock. Shifts are much crisper and faster. Unfortunately like I had before with the first delete tunes earlier this year, still no working exhaust brake.

Not saying not to buy any. Just relaying firsthand experience. I'm sure in the next few weeks all the bugs will be fully worked out.

Also depends on whose tuning you're running. The only big we have seen was with the exhaust brake.

W219cls55

Reaction score

Thank you Morgan!:)

hhrecovery

Reaction score
mine also has issues... My '15 is only a couple weeks old and with the newest strategy the tuning (even trans only files) is throwing cam/crank codes and giving an instant long crank first time or two and then no start after that...

lobe50

Reaction score
Great thread...Thanks for posting it. Definitely not Lazy...Very Helpful to consolidate info for 2015 tuning/issues/progress.
I am also waiting on what tuner to purchase for my 2015 F350. I will gladly accept everyones feedback and progress!!

truckmaniac

Reaction score
mine also has issues... My '15 is only a couple weeks old and with the newest strategy the tuning (even trans only files) is throwing cam/crank codes and giving an instant long crank first time or two and then no start after that...

Can I ask what tuning platform you guys are using?

Only sct available right now..

I realize that at the moment, SCT is the only game in town for the 2015. I know there are at least two "Custom Tuning" companies making tunes for the 2015, utilizing the SCT X4 as the flash device.

What I'd like to know is who's tunes are having issues at the moment?

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Got mine deleted tonight, No Limit Intake, SCT X4 on tow running Punch It Performance tuning. Just drove around the block and love it! Sounds great, runs great, runs clean! Couldn't see any smoke which I'm perfectly happy with! I left egr system on, just unplugged, exhaust is 4" stainless delete section bolted in, and 5" ex-dpf back stainless magnaflow. Just turned 10k miles also.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

not true. the tunes rudy and I have run flawless in EVERY setting, only the exhaust brake is having issues. I have about 25 out there now with no complaints, the first tuners were loaded yesterday and today, and no issues to speak of. the exhaust brake was the last to be tackled and we didn't wanna holdup release over that. any purchaser wanting the exhaust brake functional will receive a tune pack with updated tunes as soon as its completely worked out. i have already heard of some horror stories from the other tuner you are referring to , and I'm sure he will get it right, but as of now, apparently there are driveability issues , of which i cannot report from my side of the fence.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Got mine deleted tonight, No Limit Intake, SCT X4 on tow running Punch It Performance tuning. Just drove around the block and love it! Sounds great, runs great, runs clean! Couldn't see any smoke which I'm perfectly happy with! I left egr system on, just unplugged, exhaust is 4" stainless delete section bolted in, and 5" ex-dpf back stainless magnaflow. Just turned 10k miles also.

glad you're happy buddy!!! thanks for the business !