Turbo wheel and machined housing

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any body that sells oversized turbo impellers and machined housing?

I know you can buy the turbos, but I don't need rebuilt or new turbos. I just need a bigger wheel and a machined housing for said wheel. Not only would it be more cost effective but it would save me on shipping, brokerage, and all that crap.

My hope was that there is a company where you could send your housing too, they modify it to fit the bigger wheel. You get the housing back with a wheel and then put it on yourself.

The closest I've came to finding what I'm looking for is a place that will machine the housing, but not for a bigger dia. wheel, but a longer fined wheel. Guess some sort of bd wheel. Not sure if the aftermarket modified turbos are bigger dia only or both dia and length.

I was thinking of a wicked wheel for my 6.0l and then buying a 72 atmo for the 6.4. No plans for more fuel on either truck, just more air to handle what fuel they dump now. I had a run in with a 6.7 deleted cummins and my egts hit 1550 on the ol 6.0. It was only for a few seconds but still. Btw I hate tailgating morons.

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Makes sense. Thanks
Do you think a wicked wheel is worth it on a 6.0? Or on a 6.4? (The 6.4 comes with both).
Do you know anything about machined for added length of impeller on a 6.4 vs dia?
Reason I ask is there is a place in bc that will rebuild, machine and put an extended length impeller on both turbos for the same price as an atmo 71. I'm hesitant though as I think the 71 would flow more then having the other two modified. I couldn't get exact specs, except that it's a bd wheel that is a bit longer. Which doesn't mean **** as what's a " bit longer "

I'm starting to think I'd be farther ahead to spend the money on the known or just leave the truck stock. It would just be nice to be able to actually step on either truck for more then 3 seconds with out egts getting high.

sonic blue l

Reaction score
Thanks.
Much difference between the 71 and 72?

Out of curiosity when you say 2 hours are you leaving the high pressure in place?
I think I'd be to worried about damaging the little orange drain tune and the fiber gasket between the two.

Probably a mute point as I might yank it to reseal the bed plate and put some new lifters in over the winter. I also want to play with the intake a bit.
More curious if people are sneaking the low pressure turbo in vs pulling both of them.
Thanks

White_monster

Reaction score
I leave the hp in and just swap the turbo. I also use the stock exhaust housing to. Lots of lube on the orange seal and it goes together fine. I've done it a few times so I have some practice.

powerjoker12

Reaction score
Im currently putting in a 74-59 setup i was told that will make a nasty setup. It'll handle more power that just putting a 72 on it and in my opinion if your upgrading the atmo turbo you might as well upgrade the high pressure also because even if you put a larger atmo turbo on. It can only push so much air through that smaller high pressure turbo which will limit your horse power gain.

Latest posts

Members online