What are you seeing for rail pressure with dual fuelers at WOT?

dmkolb

Reaction score
I was chatting with someone tonight and they asked what my rail pressure was at WOT. I said it stays right at around 25K. The response I got back was it should be around 27K with dual K16 pumps. Curious what everyone else was getting with dual fuelers and thoughts on this.

Motostroker

Reaction score
You shouldn't be dropping rail with dual pumps though, if your really are. Then something is wrong

dmkolb

Reaction score
It's not dropping rail pressure. It gets up to right around 25K and stays there. No dropping. Just curious if anyone else is hitting higher pressures?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
24.5 is pretty standard. There's no power above there , just broken fuel lines.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
24.5 is pretty standard. There's no power above there , just broken fuel lines.

Yep, i have tried 27k ON mine with not much luck. Smoke is a hair less but you have to drop pulse width to match that. 24.5 is what the system was made for and thats what seams to work the best.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Yep, i have tried 27k ON mine with not much luck. Smoke is a hair less but you have to drop pulse width to match that. 24.5 is what the system was made for and thats what seams to work the best.

I wonder why that is. You would think the higher pressure the better atomization which would equal more power.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I wonder why that is. You would think the higher pressure the better atomization which would equal more power.

Yeah thats what you would think, I honestly dont know on that. Just from what i have found it doesnt really change anything.

New CAT common rail engines run at 40k+ rail pressure.

You sure about that? I havent seen anything over 24k

C15 MEUI injectors produce 30k inside the injector, but i havent seen anything commong rail much over 20k

08Monster

Reaction score
Its one of the high performance engines that goes in a 657E scraper. 3412 maybe? I'll have to look on my laptop when I get to work on Monday. The techs have access to the "high performance" stuff as well, your average 3412 won't run that high, I just rebuilt it, dynoed it, and ran for 3hrs and RP was anywhere from 38k-42k. Twin gigantic turbos. Made around 5000hp at 1500rpm.

dmkolb

Reaction score
I'm running Gearhead tunes. Someone asked. So what I'm taking from this 25K is good and anything higher doesn't seem to do anything?

ckrueg

Reaction score
I read in diesel power about am engine that would use something like 40 ksi injection pressure. I noticed on my single pump all my tables command something like 26k but it never goes above 24.7 k even on a 1.2ms tune. Anyone know why that is?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm running Gearhead tunes. Someone asked. So what I'm taking from this 25K is good and anything higher doesn't seem to do anything?

I have tried MANY pressures. 24.5-25 is all you will ever need.

Latest posts

Members online