2017 Reciever hitch question

ncollins64

Reaction score
There was a few different places to post this but thought it may get the most attention here. Anyways will a receiver hitch off a 2017 superduty bolt on to a 2006 superduty? I’m curious because my 2006 doesn’t have one and I can get a 2017 model hitch for free from a guy going to a flat bed.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea there boxed. I’m gonna grab it anyways Monday. Was mainly looking at the size differences if it was bolted on the frame and if it would drop down below my bumper. I’ll just get a tape and measure. I’m pretty sure the frames are the same width but who knows since I don’t have a 17 in front of me.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's thru bolted. I would suspect it's going to match up width wise, but the mount holes might not. When it's free it's too easy....just get it and see what you find. Plenty of places sell Grade 8 (??) hardware to make it stout.

Bugman

Reaction score
Drilling holes in frames from the bottom up is related to a female dog.

A trick that I learned if you have to do it is to use a floor jack to put the upwards pressure on the drill. If you dont have a floor jack a bottle jack will work but you may have to figure out how to keep the jack on it.

Just incase you have to drill

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I’m measuring my frame width and it’s looking like the 17 plus trucks might have a wider frame. I don’t have one in front of me but I’d like to verify that. If the widths are the same it will work.