The Baddest Bypass Filtration You Can Imagine

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I am working on a bypass filtration that will make the others on the market look like child's play.
It would hold more than 5 gallons of oil, run completely separate from the engine itself, and could even have an extra cooler on it that also runs separate from the OEM. It also uses a 3<um Beta 1000 filter on it that holds 10 pounds of dirt and a gallon of water. This obviously isn't for your 10k a year DD, but for those that haul and want to really extend oil changes and keep oil temps where ever they want them.

It will be a true kidney loop that runs either when you wish or set to run on all the time, or at certain engine temps. Whatever, the sky is the limit.

So, what do ya'll think....

Oh, did I mention it wouldn't cost much more than the others on the market.....

jimdawg185

Reaction score
It should be basically universal to all diesel trucks with a spot big enough to mount it. Mine is going in the bed. It could be frame mounted as well, but that would be problematic in a few different ways.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I am thinking a 2.5 gallon unit will be an option as well. I am testing it out now on my truck as well as at the engineering department at WMU and this summer at GVSU since I am now a teacher at one program and a student at the other....

jimdawg185

Reaction score
What I need from you guys is what would benefit you in you real day to day use of your trucks. I operate from a reliability engineers perspective. So I am basically using the principles that I use every day on power plant turbines and 10,000 gallon hydraulic units to our trucks. Over kill isn't bad, but I want as much feedback from those that have used these before.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
If you could make a kit/filter that would mount on the frame rail I know i would buy one. Something that had a relatively long filter life would be a big plus.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Ok, so frame mount is important as well as long filter life. Check. I think the 2.5 gallon could do that. I am working on the 5 gallon one for now, but Ill add that to the list.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Is there any way to remove fuel from the oil? The reason i ask is for the guys running dpf on trucks this would be A HUGE selling point. For me i don't need to worry much about that but if i lived in an area that required i keep my emissions intact, I would be all for a bypass kit to keep my dilution to a minimum.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
There isn't really a proven way to do that, I have heard a centrifuge can, but I have my doubts. But, most of my customers that have switched to my oil have seen a dilution drop. Our add pack cleans out the ring lands and allows the rings to seal better. I have seen it many many times.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
The one I was working on was way overkill. So I started over, but its still going to be really sick. And if the particle count testing says anything, its going to work as good as my overkill system. Be much less money too. Im pretty stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I wont bring anything to market without extensive testing first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.