Recommended Oil

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Jim,
I have been looking for some of this info and haven't found it yet, so maybe this can help others too. Please help me with a recommendation on some of your product. I am putting about 7500 miles on per year on my 6.7 and using Ford 10w30 and Ford filter. Currently changing about every 5000 miles. I am neutral on running extended lengths, so that isn't really a selling point for me. Living in western Oregon, if it gets relatively cold here (10-20°) it isn't usually for but a couple weeks at a time.

What is the best weight and product that you would recommend? Is it going to be better in a quart or pail container? If I'm using a pail, would I then need an additional container with spout (I'm not Popeye)? Might just be easier to get quarts then? I also have an Expedition with the 5.4 3V, could I use the same oil in it? Thanks for your time.

jim.kukulski.

Reaction score
Hey my friend,
Hands down, no question, these engines really love 5-40. And my 8854 has just the right HTHS to MVR sweet spot curve. They run quieter, and mitigate the tick in it. You don’t have to extend the drain to use the 8854, it just is more than capable of doing so. So when you drain it you’re dumping a lot of life out. But, you always want to drain good oil. If you were taking the oil out to a year you could change the filter every 6 months and top off. I’d feel ok if you changed it 7500 to let the filter go that long after the first change.
That same oil will work well in anything else you got. My wife’s ecoboost runs so much better on it it’s dumb. It’s the only oil I use at my house and my shop. But, you could use both our 10-30s that way as well. It’s just the 6.7 loves that 5-40.

The pail is the behest value by far. But I’ve got quarts in 12 and 24 packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Great. Thank you. I will try to give you a call this week and get an order in.

andrewtac

Reaction score
I registered and it doesn’t show price for pail. Also, how much is in a pail, 5 gallon?

jim.kukulski.

Reaction score
I registered and it doesn’t show price for pail. Also, how much is in a pail, 5 gallon?

Buying through the site and buying from me are different. You end up with a local rep, which is a crap shoot. I personally don’t mind not getting credit or whatever on a sale. But in the end guys in here that buy off the site and need help generally come back to me because the local reps aren’t knowledgeable about this subject. Then I have to shore up something at a cost to myself. I also pay out of my pocket for the sponsorship of this forum, LE does not.
I also run specials that the other reps can not or choose not to honor.
The 8854 is 155.70 for the pail. Which is 5 gallons.
Most of my customers go 10-15k with filter changed every 5k. The analysis even on the most abused trucks are coming back amazing adhering to this pm.

Strokersace

Reaction score
For what it's worth...

LE is in my back yard. Literally 30 miles from my house. And I'll continue dealing with Jim due to his knowledge on the products specific to out vehicles.

andrewtac

Reaction score
Didn’t realize Jim; I’ll be buying through you. Just changed the oil, next time around.

jim.kukulski.

Reaction score
Didn’t realize Jim; I’ll be buying through you. Just changed the oil, next time around.

No worries my man. I haven’t really stated my position very strongly recently. But after arguing with a rep about one stupid analysis kit for a forum member after they did absolutely nothing to get the customer I think it’s time for me to be a little bolder in my stance.
Just let me know how I can help.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Buying through the site and buying from me are different. You end up with a local rep, which is a crap shoot. I personally don’t mind not getting credit or whatever on a sale. But in the end guys in here that buy off the site and need help generally come back to me because the local reps aren’t knowledgeable about this subject. Then I have to shore up something at a cost to myself. I also pay out of my pocket for the sponsorship of this forum, LE does not.
I also run specials that the other reps can not or choose not to honor.
The 8854 is 155.70 for the pail. Which is 5 gallons.
Most of my customers go 10-15k with filter changed every 5k. The analysis even on the most abused trucks are coming back amazing adhering to this pm.

wtf is with your handle?
For what it's worth...

LE is in my back yard. Literally 30 miles from my house. And I'll continue dealing with Jim due to his knowledge on the products specific to out vehicles.
oh wow! now that right there says a lot!!
you won't regret it.

live life full throttle

Strokersace

Reaction score
For what it's worth...

oh wow! now that right there says a lot!!

Yes there manufacturing facility is on the south side of Wichita. Since dealing with Jim on here, I've seen a couple reps vehicles around town. Ether way, I'll give Jim the business!

The best part is since I'm so close, when I place an order through Jim, it's on my doorstep the next day!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes there manufacturing facility is on the south side of Wichita. Since dealing with Jim on here, I've seen a couple reps vehicles around town. Ether way, I'll give Jim the business!

The best part is since I'm so close, when I place an order through Jim, it's on my doorstep the next day!
badass!!

live life full throttle

C2tuck

Reaction score
I bought a couple of those gear lube hand pumps just cause I knew I’d make a damn mess...lol. Worked great! Pumped it into the jug I also got from Jim and you can measure it exactly.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I bought a couple of those gear lube hand pumps just cause I knew I’d make a damn mess...lol. Worked great! Pumped it into the jug I also got from Jim and you can measure it exactly.
yeah man! the pumps and 5qt jugs with pour spouts are fantastic!! i have a collection of them.. lol

live life full throttle

maxxedout

Reaction score
What are everyone’s thoughts on using LE 5W40 on a stock truck with all emissions intact?

I really want to use this oil in my 17, but I can’t justify the added cost if I have to dump it every 5k. My truck still has the emissions parts, and I don’t know if extending the oil change interval is a good idea. I can justify the cost of dumping oil at 10k and the filter every 5k.

Thoughts?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What are everyone’s thoughts on using LE 5W40 on a stock truck with all emissions intact?

I really want to use this oil in my 17, but I can’t justify the added cost if I have to dump it every 5k. My truck still has the emissions parts, and I don’t know if extending the oil change interval is a good idea. I can justify the cost of dumping oil at 10k and the filter every 5k.

Thoughts?
the computer in the dash has most trucks going 7k to 8k miles with factory oil. there isnt a lot of added cost from LE 5w40 to the off the shelf brands and most can go 10-15k miles with changing the filter and topping it off without dropping the oil out. the le oil helps seal the engine better so emissions dont effect it as much as off the shelf oils... i wouldnt hesitate to use it.

live life full throttle