Recommended Transmission Fluid 6R140

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Jim,
Contemplating doing a change on the transmission fluid and am looking for your recommendation on the fluid to put back. On the website, it looks like 1150 might be the correct one, but looking for your input here please.

Also, am I able to mix this with the existing factory fill fluid or do I need to do a couple flushes to try to minimize the mix ratio?

jim.kukulski.

Reaction score
Hey,
1150 and LV are comparable. LV is slightly lower viscosity.
The more of the 1150 you get in and LV our the happier these trans are. Most of my customers buy a pail, and do two drain and fills. Sone do the filter if there’s enough mikes on it.
If you Order through me personally I can help in other areas. If you Order off the site you will get a local rep, which is a crap shoot. But, they don’t honor any of many sales or promotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agentnut

Reaction score
Hey Jim, I only have 1k miles on my ‘17. Is there any advantages in changing the fluids out now? Or just do it at 30k miles like everyone says to do a flush? I want to change the trans/rear diff fluid eventually to your fluids and will get some oil soon for an oil change at 2.5k miles. Just wondering if I’m just wasting money doing the change soon. Thanks Jim

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Hey,
1150 and LV are comparable. LV is slightly lower viscosity.
The more of the 1150 you get in and LV our the happier these trans are. Most of my customers buy a pail, and do two drain and fills. Sone do the filter if there’s enough mikes on it.
If you Order through me personally I can help in other areas. If you Order off the site you will get a local rep, which is a crap shoot. But, they don’t honor any of many sales or promotions.

Thanks Jim and I will put the 1150 on the Christmas list. I wouldn't order from anyone but you. How large is the pail? 5 gallons?

jim.kukulski.

Reaction score
Hey Jim, I only have 1k miles on my ‘17. Is there any advantages in changing the fluids out now? Or just do it at 30k miles like everyone says to do a flush? I want to change the trans/rear diff fluid eventually to your fluids and will get some oil soon for an oil change at 2.5k miles. Just wondering if I’m just wasting money doing the change soon. Thanks Jim

I wouldn’t doo it too soon, unless you’re towing heavy. 15k burnt my LV at 20k miles, which I was pretty annoyed about. But if you’re not beating it, just go 30k. It’s not a bad fluid, but I don’t think it’s designed like the TES295 spec fluids are.

Latest posts

Members online